the SAEM See & Saw A.C. Control Toner review

10:23:00

the SAEM See & Saw A.C. Control Toner review
the SAEM See & Saw A.C. Control Toner review
Given how much I liked the the SAEM See & Saw A.C. Control Emulsion as I already told you here, and products from the brand I tried before like their BB Cream, hydrating serum and cleansing water, I wanted to try more from them, specially from their mentioned line targeted towards people with oily and acne prone skin.

When I was done with my previous toner, I bought the the SAEM See & Saw A.C. Control Toner in Seoul when they were having a sale, which is very frequent I might add.


Dado cuánto me gustó la emulsión See & Saw A.C. Control de the SAEM como ya os comenté por aquí, así como otros productos de la marca que ya había probado antes como la BB Cream, serum hidratante o su agua micelar, quería probar más de ellos, especialmente de la línea mencionada dirigida hacia la gente con piel grasa y con tendencia acneica.

Cuando terminé con mi anterior tónico, compré el tónico See & Saw A.C. Control de the SAEM en Seúl cuando estaban de rebajas, que debo añadir que es algo muy frecuente.
the SAEM See & Saw A.C. Control Toner review
the SAEM See & Saw A.C. Control Toner review
the SAEM See & Saw A.C. Control Toner is a toner that, in words of the brand, is a "refreshing water-type toner for sensitive and problem skin". If you're into korean product you already know that by problem they mean acne, but just in case. I explained more about the line here, because they do have different products for different concerns regarding acne.


El tónico See & Saw A.C. Control de the SAEM es, en palabras de la marca, un tónico refrescante tipo agua para pieles sensibles y problemáticas. Si ya eres versada en productos coreanos sabes que por "problemático" se refieren al acné, pero por si acaso. Expliqué más de la línea aquí, porque tienen diferentes productos para diferentes problemas relacionados con el acné.
the SAEM See & Saw A.C. Control Toner line
the SAEM See & Saw A.C. Control Toner line
I think this review of the SAEM See & Saw A.C. Control Toner is the first time I don't have to say that I have issues with the packaging but that it got revamped after I bought it because this is the revamped version. I have issues with it, but more of that later.


Creo que con ésta entrada del tónico See & Saw A.C. Control de the SAEM es la primera vez que no tengo que decir que tengo algún tipo de problema con el packaging pero que lo cambiaron después de que comprara el producto, porque por una vez tengo la versión más nueva. Con la que tengo algún problema, pero más sobre eso luego.
the SAEM See & Saw A.C. Control Toner packaging
the SAEM See & Saw A.C. Control Toner packaging
The the SAEM See & Saw A.C. Control Toner comes in a 160ml hard plastic bottle, with a dispenser (a system I'm a fan of) and a protective plastic kind of case (that I lost by the time I'm writing this). Add a cupboard box with the ingredients printed on it and that's the whole packaging.


El tónico See & Saw A.C. Control de the SAEM viene en una botella de plástico duro de 160ml, con un dispensador (sistema del que soy fan) y una tapa protectora de plástico (que, por cierto, he perdido hace tiempo). Añade una caja de cartón con los ingredientes impresos en ella y eso es todo el packaging. 
the SAEM See & Saw A.C. Control Toner ingredients
the SAEM See & Saw A.C. Control Toner ingredients
My first disappointment with the SAEM See & Saw A.C. Control Toner was when I got home and read the ingredient list (which, silly me, should've done it in store): alcohol is the second ingredient in this behind water, so this isn't only water based but also basically alcohol based. However, I didn't want tot be let down by it so soon, and the rest of the ingredient list promised to be good: centella asiatica extract (the latest it product), tea tree extract (great for oily skin) and roots, flowers and plant extracts that are soothing for the skin.


Mi primera decepción con el tónico See & Saw A.C. Control de the SAEM fue cuando llegué a casa y leí la lista de ingredientes (que tendría que haber hecho en la tienda, lo sé): alcohol es el segundo ingrediente después de agua, así que no es sólo basado en agua, si no también básicamente en alcohol. De todas formas, no quería que me decepcionara tan pronto, y el resto de la lista de ingredientes no sonaba nada mal: extracto de centella asiatica (el último ingrediente famoso), extracto de árbol de té (muy bueno para la piel grasa) y extractos de raíces, flores y plantas que entre otras cosas calman la piel
the SAEM See & Saw A.C. Control Toner protective cap
the SAEM See & Saw A.C. Control Toner protective cap
My second disappointment with the SAEM See & Saw A.C. Control Toner has to do with the issue I've told you I have with the design: the dispenser isn't smooth at all. I don't know if I got one that wasn't assembled correctly, but I didn't drop it and it doesn't work as well as it should. It might be to you like I'm nitpick, but using a product twice a day, every day, and being each time reminded that something isn't right... it's not really a good thing. Whenever I press the dispenser down it seems like it wants to get stuck and ultimately doesn't, but it makes a "stuck" noise and doesn't dispense what I consider the right amount of product.


Mi segunda decepción con el tónico See & Saw A.C. Control de the SAEM tiene que ver con el problema que os comentaba antes que tengo con el packaging: el dispensador no funciona bien. No sé si yo compré uno que no está bien ensamblado, pero no se me cayó y nu funciona como debería. Puede que te parezca algo quisquilloso, pero usar un producto dos veces al día, todos los días, y ser recordada cada vez que algo no funciona bien... no es que sea muy bueno. Cada vez que presiono el dispensador es como que se quiera atascar y al final no lo haga, pero hace un ruido de "atasco" y no da una buena cantidad de producto.
the SAEM See & Saw A.C. Control Toner protective cap
the SAEM See & Saw A.C. Control Toner protective cap
And my last disappointment with the SAEM See & Saw A.C. Control Toner is the product itself. Firstly because the toner is so watery that cotton pads just eat it up. They do say it on the packaging but this feels like water with alcohol in it. I have to separate layers of my cotton pads and it still takes 3 to 4 pumps (see, the dispenser...) to feel like I'm not rubbing dry cotton against my skin.


Y mi última decepción con el tónico See & Saw A.C. Control de the SAEM fue el producto en sí. Ante todo porque es tan acuoso que los algodones se lo comen. Sí que dicen en el paquete que es tipo agua, pero es que parece agua con alcohol. Tengo que separar las capas de los algodones para poder dármelo, y aún así dar 3 ó 4 veces al dispensador (lo que decía...) para no sentir que estoy arrastrando algodón seco por mi cara.
the SAEM See & Saw A.C. Control Toner product
the SAEM See & Saw A.C. Control Toner product
Ultimately the SAEM See & Saw A.C. Control Toner just didn't work for me. I felt it dries my skin, something that didn't happen to me with the Skinfood Gold Caviar toner that also has the same water-alcohol order. Some people told me that toner dried their skin and I honestly think it didn't happen to me because I use very hydrating products.
However, with the SAEM See & Saw A.C. Control Toner I felt it. Around 2-3 weeks after incorporating it in my routine I felt dry patches in my chin and bumps that weren't there before. I had to incorporate a hydrating serum at nights and up the sleeping pack frequency to fight it.

Not to talk about the smell: while the emulsion's is nice, flowery and fresh, this toner smells like they tried to recreate that scent and failed, smelling of mostly alcohol.


Simplemente el tónico See & Saw A.C. Control de the SAEM no me fue bien personalmente. Siento que seca mi piel, algo que no me pasó con el Gol Caviar Toner de Skinfood que también tiene la misma composición en cuanto a agua-alcohol se refiere. Varias personas me dijeron que ése tónico les resecaba la cara, pero yo creo que a mí no me pasó porque utilizo productos muy hidratantes.
Sin embargo, con el tónico See & Saw A.C. Control de the SAEM lo noté. Después de unas 2 ó 3 semanas de incorporarlo a mi rutina empecé a sentir zonas secas en mi barbilla y granitos bajo la piel que no estaban ante ahí. Tuve que incorporar otro serum hidratante por las noches y aumentar la frecuencia con la que uso un sleeping pack por las noches.

Por no hablar del olor: mientras que el de la emulsión es bueno, floral y refrescante, éste tónico huele como si hubieran intentado recrear ése y fallado, oliendo más que nada a alcohol.
the SAEM See & Saw A.C. Control Toner review
the SAEM See & Saw A.C. Control Toner review
This review was hard for me to write because I wanted to like this so much. But sadly, I would recommend to pass on this one, specially if you have sensitive or easily dehydrating skin.


Se me ha hecho difícil escribir ésta entrada porque quería que me gustara mucho. Pero no ha sido así, y recomendaría que paséis de éste tónico, especialmente si tenéis piel sensible o que se deshidrate fácilmente.

You Might Also Like

0 comentarios

Disclaimer

Every photo here is mine unless stated so.

Every content here is original, not to be reproduced.

For more detailed information, please visit the Disclosure section.