Skinfood Parsley & Mandarin Toner review

11:28:00


Skinfood Parsley & Mandarin Toner review
Skinfood Parsley & Mandarin Toner review
Last summer when I came back from South Korea and started using regularly again my Rituals toner (see its entry here) it broke my skin badly. I know it was this toner what caused because it was the only thing from my routine that I didn't use it while in Korea. It's not that it gave my a lot of trouble like they say in korean skincare products (translation: pimples), but it did gave me some and dryness in my chin and nose area. It was January, with a whole new routine, and I was still suffering from it.
That's when I decided I couldn't finish the Rituals' toner. It was making my skin worse. So I researched a bit on the internet and found that the Skinfood Parsley & Mandarin Toner (and all the product from the line) were really good for people with skin trouble and redness, and really worked in their favor. I didn't give it much tough and I bought it.


Cuando volví de Corea del Sur el verano pasado y utilicé de nuevo diariamente el tónico de Rituals (entrada sobre él aquí) literalmente, me rompió la piel. Sé que el causante fue éste tónico porque es lo único que no utilizaba en Corea. No es que me salieran muchos granitos, pero sí más de los que estoy acostumbrada, y me resecó tantísimo la zona de la barbilla y la nariz que era enero de 2016 y todavía las estaba recuperando.
Así que decidí a finales de septiembre que no podía seguir utilizándolo, lo único que hacía era empeorar la piel. Así que rebusqué un poco por internet y llegué a leer varias opiniones del tónico Parsley & Mandarin  de Skinfood (la traducción es Perjil y Mandarina). La gente hablaba muy bien de éste (y de toda la línea) y contaban como les calmaba la piel y desaparecían con su uso los dichosos granitos.

Skinfood Parsley & Mandarin Toner ingredients
Skinfood Parsley & Mandarin Toner ingredients

When I started using it I didn't notice if my skin was getting better. But it wasn't getting worse, so I really believed in it. However, after a month of using it regularly and not seeing any improvements, I became suspicious and read the ingredients list, something I should have done before buying it. My worst enemy is up there in the second spot: acohol. Meaning, this is an stringent toner. Of course, I started using samples and moved to Skinfood's Gold Caviar toner I reviewed here).


Cuando lo empecé a utilizar no noté ninguna mejoría en la piel, pero tampoco que empeorara, así que tuve fé en él. Sin embargo, después de estar utilizándolo un mes regularmente y no ver ninguna mejoría, me dio por leer la lista de ingredientes, algo que debería haber hecho antes de comprarlo. Mis sospechas se confirmaron, mi enemigo número uno está en segunda posición en la lista (y por lo tanto hay un gran contenido de él): alcohol. Vaya, que éste tónico es astringente. Así que casi el mismo día (en enero), decidí empezar a utilizar las muestras (y después mandar a mi padre comprar) el tónico Gold Caviar de Skinfood (entrada aquí).

Skinfood Parsley & Mandarin Toner bottle
Skinfood Parsley & Mandarin Toner bottle

Anyway, I started using the Parsley & Mandarin toner again when the weather became more chilly and my skin instead of my hydration needed sebum control. As it is stated in the bottle, this toner contains ingredients from fresh plants and fruits to keep the skin healthy. It is not abrasive or irritative at all like some would have thought with such a high concentration of alcohol.
This toner is great for balancing skin oil while not drying it. It's to be applied with a cotton pad (as all astringent toners are) and it doesn't leave my skin feel tight afterwards, which is also something astringents tend to do. It leaves a feeling of freshness in my face that I love.


De todas formas, volví a utilizar éste tónico cuando el tiempo se volvió más cálido y ya mi piel no necesitaba un extra de hidratación, si no productos que controlen su producción de sebo. Tal y como pone en la botella, el tónico Parsley & Mandarin contiene ingredientes de plantas y frutas para mantener la piel sana. No es abrasivo o irritante para nada, algo fácil de pensar por su alto contenido en alcohol.
Éste tónico es genial para controlar la grasa de la cara a la vez que no la reseca. Se tiene que aplicar, como todos los tónicos astringentes, con un disco de algodón, y no deja la piel tirante después de hacerlo, también algo que los astringentes suelen hacer. Deja un sensación de frescor muy agradable.

Skinfood Parsley & Mandarin Toner applicator
Skinfood Parsley & Mandarin Toner applicator
But let me tell you about the best thing of the Skinfood Parsley & Mandarin toner (spoiler: for some of you, this might be the worst thing): THE SMELL. Gosh, I love the smell of this toner! It smells kinda like mandarins mixed with green tea (if you ever had mandarin green tea- that's it!) or like when you buy fresh parsley and it smells well, fresh. I love, love it. Also once it is absorbed onto the skin I haven't noticed my face smelling like it, so I'm positive it doesn't translate to it.


Pero para mí lo mejor de éste tónico es sin duda (spoiler: lo que voy a decir a continuación puede ser lo peor para muchos) EL OLOR. Me encanta cómo huele: si habéis probado alguna vez té verde de mandarina (o frutas en general) huele muy parecido, o como cuando el perejil fresco está recién cortado. Además, una vez que la piel lo absorbe no he notado que huela, así que estoy más que segura que el olor no se transfiere.

Skinfood Parsley & Mandarin Toner product
Skinfood Parsley & Mandarin Toner product
Overall, I really like the Skinfood Parsley & Mandarin toner- I might be becoming a strong fan of Skinfood! However, I'm never ever, ever going to use this one in winter. If you have sensitive skin, or even dry skin, I would suggest that you stay away from it. But if you have oily skin and you are searching for an oil control toner that doesn't dry out skin, go for it! I bought it on w2beauty for $15, but it's sadly not available there anymore.


En términos generales me gusta bastante (creo que me estoy volviendo muy fan de Skinfood). De todas formas, no se me pasa por la cabeza utilizar éste tónico en invierno. Si tenéis la piel sensible o seca, no recomendaría ni que lo probarais. Sin embargo, si la tenéis grasa y estáis buscando un tónico que la controle y no reseque, ¡adelante! Yo lo compré en la web de w2beauty por unos 14€, pero ya no lo tienen a la venta.

Skinfood Parsley & Mandarin Toner
Skinfood Parsley & Mandarin Toner

You Might Also Like

0 comentarios

Disclaimer

Every photo here is mine unless stated so.

Every content here is original, not to be reproduced.

For more detailed information, please visit the Disclosure section.