Nature Republic Honey & Herb Sleeping Pack review

12:12:00



Nature Republic Honey & Herb Sleeping Pack review
Nature Republic Honey & Herb Sleeping Pack review
Like I said in my night time skincare routine post (here) I decided to buy the Nature Republic Honey & Herb Sleeping pack because I liked it when I tried samples of it and because it wasn't as expensive as other sleeping pack I've seen or tried.
Sleeping packs, if you don't know it, are products that should be applied always at night as the name suggest, 2 or 3 times a week. They kind of are a mask, but not really, since the skin absorbes the product. The morning after, you simply rinse the thin product that still is on your face. Let me tell you, sleeping packs are witchcraft.


Como ya dije en el post de mi rutina diaria nocturna (aquí para leerla) decidí comprar el Honey & Herb sleeping pack de Nature Republic porque me gustó bastante cuando probé las muestras que tenía y porque no era tan caro como otros sleeping packs que había visto y probado.
Este tipo de cremas, "sleeping packs" (literalmente paquete de dormir), son productos que sólo se aplican por las noches, 2 ó 3 veces a la semana. Se asemejan a una mascarillas, pero la piel absorbe el producto casi al completo, dejando una ligera película durante la noche, que se aclara con agua al despertarse al día siguiente. De todos los productos coreanos que he probado, los sleeping packs es lo más parecido a brujería.

Nature Republic Honey & Herb Sleeping Pack bottle
Nature Republic Honey & Herb Sleeping Pack bottle
Nature Republic states in the box that "the sleeping gel pack moisturizes the skin overnight with the ingredient of Manuka honey from New Zeeland and lemon verbena from France". I was so surprised with the bottle, I wasn't expecting a 155ml bottle! It's plastic with a cap, nice and simple, and comes in a cupboard box.


Según Nature Republic éste sleeping pack hidrata la piel durante la noche por los ingredientes que tiene, entre ellos miel Manuka de Nueva Zelanda y verbena de limón de France. La verdad que el hecho de que el bote fuera tan grande (155ml) me sorprendió muchísimo. Es de plástico, sencillo y viene en una caja de cartón.

Nature Republic Honey & Herb Sleeping Pack product
Nature Republic Honey & Herb Sleeping Pack review
As all sleeping packs I've tried, the consistency is quite dense and sticky. It is also sticky on the face when applying it and before the skin absorbes it. I have to apply this sleeping pack at least an hour before going to bed, or else I feel really uncomfortable laying down on my pillow, since I sleep sideways.
The Honey & Herb sleeping pack has a very strong fragrance of honey, and it transfers to the skin, so if you're not into cosmetics that smell, stay away from it. For me, even if I don't like honey (I hate it), I love how it smells! I was so surprised when I tried the first sample and finding myself enjoying the smell.


Al igual que todos los sleeping packs que he probado, la consistencia del Honey & Herbs es bastante densa y pegajosa. Es también pegajosa al aplicarla en la cara, antes de que la piel pueda absorberla por completo, que es bastante tiempo; yo me la suelo dar como mínimo una hora antes de irme a la cama porque si no la paso a la almohada.
Éste sleeping pack tiene un olor fortísimo a miel que se transfiere a la piel, así que si no te gustan que los cosméticos huelan, probablemente detestes éste. Para mí, incluso aunque odie la miel, huele genial. Me sorprendí mucho de que me gustara el olor la primera vez que utilicé una de las muestras.

Nature Republic Honey & Herb Sleeping Pack ingredients
Nature Republic Honey & Herb Sleeping Pack ingredients

As far as performance go, I bought the full size because I was really pleased with the results I had seen with the samples. I found my skin more hydrated the day after I used the sleeping pack and even more bright. However, one day I was suffering really badly from peeling in my jaw area, so instead following my usual night time skincare routine, I switched it and used products from my morning skincare (like the serum from here) and I applied the sleeping pack as my final step. Before going to bed, I remember looking in the mirror and not having any peelings or redness, so imagine my surprised in the morning after, when I woke up with the skin in my jaw area and around my mouth totally flaky.
I panicked, of course, and went to read the ingredient list. An there it is again! Alcohol up in the list. I should really start researching for ingredients in the products before buying them.


Compré el bote entero porque me gustaron los resultados que vi con las muestras. Al usarlas, al día siguiente notaba la piel de la cara más hidratada y con más luz. Sin embargo, un día tenía la barbilla fatal, roja y pelándose; así que cambié algunos de los productos de la rutina de noche por los de la rutina diurna (como el serum que enseñé en éste post) y apliqué el sleeping pack al final. Me acuerdo que antes de meterme a la cama vi que la piel no estaba tan mal como había estado durante el día, así que me sorprendí muchísimo cuando, al despertar, además de estar la barbilla completamente pelada, había empezado a pelarse la piel de alrededor de la boca.
Obviamente me asusté, así que me puse a leer la lista de ingredientes. Y otra vez, tachán, tachán, arriba en la lista alcohol. La verdad que tengo que empezar a leer la lista de ingredientes antes de comprar nada.


Nature Republic Honey & Herb Sleeping Pack
Nature Republic Honey & Herb Sleeping Pack

So the conclusion I've reached is that while it does in fact hydrate (because I have experience it), it only really work with skins like mine (very sensitive) when the skin isn't going through any trouble. So of course, I will not be repurchasing this.
My father bought this for me on Seoul during black friday, so it was really cheap (around 6,500 won I think?).

Así que la conclusión a la que he llegado es que sí que hidrata (porque lo he notado), pero sólo funciona del todo bien con pieles que no sean como la mía (muy sensible), o cuando la piel no tiene ningún tipo de problema.
Éste me lo compró mi padre cuando fue a Seúl y durante la black friday, así que estaba bastante barato (más o menos 6.500 wones).

You Might Also Like

0 comentarios

Disclaimer

Every photo here is mine unless stated so.

Every content here is original, not to be reproduced.

For more detailed information, please visit the Disclosure section.