the SAEM Power Ampoule Hydra review

9:59:00


the SAEM Power Ampoule Hydra review
the SAEM Power Ampoule Hydra review
During winter time, I always need to have hydrating serums. The city where I went 6 years to University is the coldest city in my country, and the wind could cut glass. Therefore, my skin was always a mess during winter until I started with this whole korean skincare routine, and understand that even if I have oily skin, the thing I need the most is hydration.
I've been rotating with different hydration serums and so far liked almost all of them, but the only one that actually left me saying "wow" out loud (literally) the first time I applied it was the SAEM's Power Ampoule Hydra.


Durante el invierno, siempre he tenido que utilizar serums hidratantes. Durante 6 años estuve yendo a la Universidad en la ciudad más fría de mi país, y el viento allí podría cortar hasta cristal. Así que no es de extrañar que mi piel haya pasado por periodos muy malos hasta que empecé de verdad con todo esto de la "rutina coreana" y comprendí que, a pesar de tener la piel grasa, lo que más necesito durante el invierno es hidratación.

the SAEM Power Ampoule Hydra bottle
the SAEM Power Ampoule Hydra bottle
When I went to Korea I bought almost from every store, except for the SAEM. I don't know why, because I even went inside one of their stores in Myeongdong, but I wasn't really drawn to their products. Then, back in February I think, I needed a new BB Cream and a new hydrating serum so after much research I was like "okay, let's give it a try to this brand" (and if you want a review of the BB Cream I bought from them, Saemmul AC Control, let me know because it's amazing). Edit: here it is the entry for the BB cream.


Cuando fui a Corea compré cosas de prácticamente todas las tiendas, excepto de the SAEM. La verdad que no sé porqué, incluso entré en una de sus tiendas en Myeongdong, pero nada me llamo la atención especialmente. Creo que fue en febrero cuando buscando un nuevo serum y BB Cream que comprar, pensé en darle una oportunidad a ésta marca (planeo hacer una entrada sobre la BB Cream que compré, Saemmul AC Control, es fantástica). Edit: aquí está la entrada sobre la BB cream.

the SAEM Power Ampoule Hydra ingredients
the SAEM Power Ampoule Hydra ingredients
Maybe for those of you who don't know, ampoules are basically the same as serums, only with a higher product concentration. The "Power Ampoule" line from the brand have different ones to target different skin problems, the one I have has hyaluronic acid for hydration.
In the glass bottle it says "Hyaluronic-5". This means two things: that almost the only ingredient is hyaluronic acid, and that it is 5 ingredient free: paraben, benzophenone, mineral oil, artificial color, triethanoamine.

The brand claims that "the intensive moisturizing ampoule moisturizes and revitalizes dry skin". A claim that is so true, and you need so little product for it to work. I took these photos 3-4 months after I started using it in my morning skincare routine, and sometimes even nights, and just look how much product I have left. Seriously, I have never used a product with which I saw such drastic result in the moment applying little of it.


Para los que no lo sepan, "ampule" es básicamente lo mismo que un serum pero con una concentración de producto más alta. La línea "Power Ampoule" (literalmente ampoules de/con poder) de ésta marca tiene diferentes tipos dependiendo del problema de piel que se quiera tratar; la que yo tengo es de ácido hialurónico para hidratación.
En la botella de cristal pone "Hyaluronic-5", lo que quiere decir dos cosas: que casi el único ingrediente es el ácido hialurónico, y que está libre de 5 ingredientes: parabeno, benzofenona, aceites minerales, colorantes artificiales y trietanolamina.

Según the SAEM, el ampoule es intensamente hidratante, proporcionando hidratación y revitalización a la piel seca. Algo que he podido comprobar que es totalmente cierto, y además con la necesidad de utilizar muy poco producto para ello. He sacado éstas fotos unos 3 ó 4 meses después de empezar a utilizarlo en mi rutina diaria diurna (a veces incluso por las noches), y todavía tengo para varios meses más. Sinceramente, nunca antes de éste ampoule había utilizado ningún producto con el que haya notado cambios tan drásticos desde el primer momento de empezar a utilizarlo.

the SAEM Power Ampoule Hydra system
the SAEM Power Ampoule Hydra system
The SAEM Power Ampoule Hydra is like water. Seriously, it's the most liquid product I've tried. I remember that the first time I used it, I put it in the back of my hands and it literally slipped to the floor (now I know not to move my hand when I have cream or serum on the back of it!). To get the product, the brand designed this like a syringe: while on the bottle, press the blue circle so product comes into it, and the press it again so the product come out. Really hygienic and it always works. Plus, you can really control the amount of product you take.

Honestly, when I got it in the mail I was expecting a bigger bottle but the 40ml it has lasted so long (still lasting) that I personally think it has the right amount of product because otherwise it would get bad before anyone could use it up.


El producto es prácticamente agua, el más líquido que haya utilizado nunca. Es más, la primera vez que lo usé, dejé lo que iba a aplicar en el dorso de la mano y se me cayó prácticamente todo al suelo (gracias a esto he aprendido a no mover la mano cuando tengo crema o serum en la misma!). Para sacar el producto, la compañía lo ha diseñado como una jeringuilla: insertado en el bote, se aprieta la zona azul del tapón para que el product entre en la jeringuilla, luego se vuelve a apretar para que el producto salga. Me parece muy higiénico y que funciona aún teniendo poco producto. Es muy buen sistema además para controlar la cantidad de producto que se utiliza.


Siendo sincera, cuando lo recibí en casa me esperaba un bote más grande pero los 40ml me han durado tanto que, personalmente, creo que es la cantidad perfecta; creo que el producto caducaría antes de que se pudiera terminar si tuviera más capacidad.


the SAEM Power Ampoule Hydra product
the SAEM Power Ampoule Hydra product.
It's so slippery I didn't have time to focus the camera before it almost fell to the ground.
Es tan resbaladizo que no pude enfocar la cámara antes de que casi se cayera por completo.


So... do I recommend it? YES. GO BUY IT. It is seriously one of the best ampoules I've tried, now (and because of their BB Cream) I'm so excited to try more things from this brand.


Así que, última pregunta: ¿lo recomiendo? ¡POR SUPUESTO! HALA, A COMPRARLO. De verdad que es uno de los mejores ampoules que he probado y por ello (y su BB Cream) estoy hasta emocionada por probar más cosas de la marca.

You Might Also Like

0 comentarios

Disclaimer

Every photo here is mine unless stated so.

Every content here is original, not to be reproduced.

For more detailed information, please visit the Disclosure section.