Favorite moisturizers for oily skin

12:24:00

Moisturizers for oily skin


I never really cared for my skincare until I had the need to go to dermatologist. It's been a little bit over four years sin I first went and I've come to realize that the most important thing I can do for my skin is to moisturize it, even when I think I don't need it because it looks ~good.

These two I have here are my favorite ones without doubt. I haven't tried a lot more (mostly because I'm afraid it will break me out), but I really don't plan on trying moisturizers since I'm just so happy about these.

Desde que me vi en la, prácticamente, obligación de ir al dermatólogo, he aprendido que lo más importante que puedo hacer por mi piel es hidratarla. Incluso en los días en los que parece que no lo necesita. Estas dos hidratante son mis favoritas, y no tengo en mente probar ninguna otra en un futuro cercano (sí, me gustan mucho).

Comparation/ comparación

Shiseido Pureness matifying moisturizer


If I could, I will force everyone I know to use this Shiseido Pureness matifying moisturizer. I don't know how it works in dry skins, but in only skins like mine, it is a-mazing. I just can't rave enough about this product. Since it's an emulsion, it doesn't feel heavy on the skin at all, it absorbs really quickly and it doesn't leave the "greasy" feeling some oily skin moisturizers do. It is also matifying, which is awesome if I don't feel like wearing make up that day.
However, I do feel that it falls short in winter -at least in the winters I have to endure (I spend almost all winter in the city where I study- and it has the reputation of Spain's coldest city, heh).
I also love the "pump", it ensures that I don't waste any product. And isn't the package lovely? Yes it is. Although being crystal you have to be extra careful. Even though it's a very strong glass.

Obligaría a todo el mundo que conozco a utilizar esta crema (emulsión en realidad). No me deja sensación ~grasienta en la cara para nada, se absorbe enseguida y el que sea matificante es un plus que se agradece (y es matificante de verdad, no como otra cremas dicen serlo y... no). 
Sin embargo, siento que para los inviernos que tengo que soportar se queda "corta", como que necesito mucho más producto que en otras épocas y otras ciudades.
Me gusta mucho el formato que tiene, doy al dispensador una vez y extendiendo, si no me es suficiente otra vez y así hasta que está bien extendida. Asegura no gastar más producto del necesario.



Avène Cleanance emulsion

Where Shiseido's doesn't work for me, Avène Cleanance emulsion does. I start to use it by fall's end, all through winter and in spring if it is feeling as cold as last year's. It is also an emulsion and even thought it feels way heavier than the previous one, it doesn't feel heavy nor greasy on the skin (except in summer. I can't stand it during summer time).
This is a brand my dermatologist always recommends to me, even when I was doing the Roaccutane (if you're american you may know it by the name of Accutane) treatment.
The package is really blah but since Avene it's a drugstore product I really don't ask for high-end package here.

Cuando siento que la de Shiseido no está haciendo su trabajo como debería, utilizo ésta. Generalmente la empiezo a utilizar a finales de otoño, durante todo el invierno y durante gran parte de la primavera si es tan poco primavera como las últimas. La odio en verano: un día la probé y sentí como que me estaba dando grasa. Eggh.
Es una de las marcas que me recomienda mi dermatóloga, la primera vez que la utilicé fue en las últimas fases del Roaccutane. 
La presentación del producto me da bastante igual, sinceramente, es una crema de venta en farmacias de la que no espero gran cosa en su formato.
Moisturizers for oily skin
Left- Shiseido. Right- Avène.

Both are really great options when it come to moisturizing oily skin as far as I know. As I've already said, I adapt the use for one or the other depending on the weather and how it feels on my skin. I would recommend the Shiseido one for more humid or hotter weather, where you don't feel like the winter is cutting your skin face (it was long till I learned that, after some recurring breakouts during winter time).

Por experiencia personal son geniales para pieles grasas, y no podría estar más contenta con estas dos hidratantes. Como ya he dicho, adapto el uso de las mismas dependiendo de dónde esté y la estación del año. Básicamente: recomendaría la de Shiseido para climas más húmedos y calurosos, mientras que la de Avène la usaría en los sitios de inviernos duros.

Kanebo's Sensai silk emulsion (moist)


I wanted to show you this product since it was recommended to me. This is a free sample my mother got in a store. It is Kanebo's Sensai silk emulsion (moist)- there's this other "light" version in the market also.
I'm afraid I used it all, and I can't how how the product is. It also and emulsion, that fall in between the other two products when it comes to consistency or texture. Even if i liked it, I do prefer the Shiseido one and to be honest, comparing prizes... yeah, I still prefer it. Have I rave enough about Shisheido's emulsion yet? hah
The sample is great though, I used for almost two weeks everyday.

Este otro producto es una muestra que le dieron a mi madre, ya que me habían recomendado el producto. No se aprecia en la foto, pero es de la casa Kanebo.
Lo utilicé ya todo (y debo decir que durante casi dos semanas todos los días, es un tamaño de muestra perfecto para hacerte una idea del producto de verdad), por lo que no puedo compararlo con las otras dos. Me gustó, y diría que puede ser un punto intermedio entre las anteriores, sin embargo me gusta más la de Shiseido y sinceramente, comparando precios... pues también.



Prices/ precios

Shiseido: the average prize in the Spanish market is abut 40-45€ for 50ml.
Avène: the average prize in the Spanish market is about 15€ for 40ml.
Kanebo: the average prize in the Spanish market is about 55€ for 100ml.

Note / nota:

When I say a prefer Shiseido's price is because I don't need a bigger format. If I only used one moisturizer, I would probably purchase Kanebo's since it would be cheaper.

Cuando me refiero a que la de Shiseido tiene mejor precio es porque el tamaño me parece el perfecto para el uso que le doy. Si sólo utilizara una hidratante, la de Kanebo saldría (mucho) más rentable.

You Might Also Like

0 comentarios

Disclaimer

Every photo here is mine unless stated so.

Every content here is original, not to be reproduced.

For more detailed information, please visit the Disclosure section.