L'Oreal Nude Magique Cushion review

11:48:00

L'Oreal Nude Magique Cushion review
L'Oreal Nude Magique Cushion review
Being from Spain and being used to korean BB Cushions, I never paid really much attention to all the western brands coming out with cushions. I am so used to how korean cushions work that, why would I try a western one? Specially after how badly they tried to recreate BB Creams some years ago.

However, I was one day mostly window shopping with my mom and I noticed the new BB Cushions by L'Oreal. They offer a quite range of tones (there's seven of them), which surprised me because it's rare in Korea with their 3 tone system and because the lightest shade (01- Porcelain) wasn't too dark for me, which is such a weird thing when that happens to me with western make up. 
I was convincing myself not to buy it, because western, when I turned the cushion around and saw "made in Korea". So it obviously came home with me.


Siendo de España y estando acostumbrada a las BB Cushions coreanas, nunca presté demasiada atención a las marcas de occidente que sacaban cushions. Estoy tan acostumbrada cómo funcionan las cushion coreanas que ¿para qué probar una de occidente? Especialmente después de lo mal que intentaron recrear las BB Creams hace años.

A pesar de ello, estaba dando una vuelta con mi madre cuando me fijé en las nuevas BB Cushions de L'Oreal. Tienen bastantes tonos diferentes disponibles (hay siete), cosa que me sorprendió porque es raro en Corea con sus 3 tonos y porque su tono más claro (01- Porcelain) no era demasiado oscuro para mí, como me suele pasar con la mayoría de maquillaje en occidente.
Me estaba convenciendo a mí misma para no comprarlo, pero le di la vuelta y vi el "Made in Korea" (hecho en Corea). Así que por supuesto que se vino conmigo a casa.

L'Oreal Nude Magique Cushion review
L'Oreal Nude Magique Cushion review
The L'Oreal Nude Magique Cushion package would be very pretty without that sticker in the center. It's a two toned package, the top being a reflective golden rose kind of color and the bottom a matte pale pink. I personally love it, except for the sticker. I honestly don't know what people who designed this were thinking. After taking these photos I took it off (it was easy to do so) and it looks so much nicer.
As for the size, it's like the "old" korean cushions, the bigger ones. I did a comparison on sizes of cushions in this entry. This L'Oreal one has a smaller "radius".



El envase de la L'Oreal Nude Magique Cushion sería muy bonito sin la pegatina en el centro. Tiene dos tonos: la tapa es de color "oro rosa" reflectante, la parte de abajo es rosa palo. Personalmente me encanta, salvo la dichosa pegatina. De verdad que no sé en qué estaban pensando cuando diseñaron éste producto par poner ese pegote. Sobre decir que después de hacer éstas fotos la quité (muy fácilmente, por cierto) y es mucho más bonita.
El tamaño es más o menos el estándar "antiguo" de las BB Cushion en Corea. Comparé las dos versiones en ésta entrada. La de L'Oreal tiene el "radio" más pequeño.

L'Oreal Nude Magique Cushion review
L'Oreal Nude Magique Cushion review (see the "Made in Korea'?") || ¿Veis el "Made in Korea?
One of the downsides of this L'Oreal Nude Magique Cushion is their almost laughable sun protection, it has an SPF of 29. And I say laughable because a) that's a random number b) I am already too used to my cushions having at least SPF 40.

The smell of this one is like any other normal BB Cushion I own from South Korea. A quick look through the ingredients let's me know there no Alcohol, Alcohol Denat or Perfume, which a lot of people are sensitive to.


Una de las desventajas de la L'Oreal Nude Magique Cushion es su casi irrisorio FPS, que como pone en la pegatina, es de 29. Digo casi irrisorio porque a) ¿cómo han llegado a 29? b) estoy acostumbrada a que las cushion tengan por lo menos un PFS de 40.

El olor de ésta es como cualquier otra BB Cushion que tengo de Corea del Sur. Un vistazo rápido a los ingredientes permite ver que no contiene alcohol, alcohol denat o perfume, que a éste último son sensibles muchas personas.

L'Oreal Nude Magique Cushion package
L'Oreal Nude Magique Cushion package
The L'Oreal Nude Magique Cushion's puff it's very nice and very on par with the ones I have from "all-korean" cushions. There aren't any refills, so the inner cover and the sponge that holds the product are totally integrated in the packaging.

That is the other downside of this cushion, the fact that they don't sell refills, so when you're done with one, you have to buy again the whole product. Which I hate because you're paying the prize again when I'm used to only pay for a whole cushion once, and recycling and manufacturing issues that this could have (and it probably has- a lot of plastic, glass...).


La esponjita de L'Oreal Nude Magique Cushion es muy buena y del mismo tipo que las de las cushions de "Corea del todo". No se venden refills ("repuestos"), así que la tapa interna y las esponja donde está el producto están totalmente integrados en la cajita.

Ésa es otra de las cosas que no encuentro buenas en ésta cushion, el que no vendan repuestos, por lo que al terminar se tiene que pagar el producto entero otra vez. Cosa que no me gusta nada por razones de producción y reciclaje (plástico, cristal...).

L'Oreal Nude Magique Cushion product
L'Oreal Nude Magique Cushion product
It doesn't require any kind of effort to get product out of the L'Oreal Nude Magique Cushion evenly. It has 14,6g of product (again, random number) which is pretty average. It falls in the middle of product quantity if it were to be compared to my other two current cushions (the ones you can see in the link I provided before).


Por si lo pensabais, no requiere ningún esfuerzo conseguir producto de la L'Oreal Nude Magique Cushion de una forma uniforme. Contiene 14,6g de producto (otra vez con los números raros) que es bastante común. Está en la mitad en cuanto a contenido respecto a las otras dos cushion que tengo actualmente (las que se pueden ver en el link que os he proporcionado antes).

L'Oreal Nude Magique Cushion coverage before
L'Oreal Nude Magique Cushion coverage before (excuse my dark circles) || Perdonad mis ojeras.
L'Oreal Nude Magique Cushion coverage after
L'Oreal Nude Magique Cushion coverage after
The finish of the L'Oreal Nude Magique Cushion, as you can see, is dewy. I was a little bit worried by this because of my oily skin, but I loved it from the very first application. I think it has a medium coverage that I haven't been able to build up.
The longest I've wore it was 8 hours, without any setting spray. The cushion has a very great duration, it didn't broke down or disappeared from any part of my face. It did hold onto fine lines in the later hours, but it was to be expected. I was honestly surprised by this, I was not expecting this fantastic performance. And the dewyness of my skin for the whole hours was because of the cushion and no my "face oils". It's actually great at controlling those.

When I said at the beginning that I found an almost-perfect shade for my skin in this L'Oreal Nude Magique Cushion I was talking about the color. Because the tone is warm, so it's a little bit too yellow to me, as you can see in the pictures. I make it work because I do a somehow gradient in my neck so it's not very noticeable but, still, it would be great if cool tone-cushions are something next year (I know PONY Effect has come out with them, yes!).


El acabo de la L'Oreal Nude Magique Cushion es "dewy", que viene a ser el que proporciona un aspecto jugoso, hidratado a la piel. Me daba un poco de miedo por tener la piel grasa, pero queda genial. En mi opinión, tiene una cobertura media que no he sido capaz de aumentar.
La vez que más la he llevado ha sido 8 horas, sin ningún spray fijador. La cushion tiene una duración prácticamente excelente, no se cuarteó ni desapareció de mi piel en ninguna de esas horas. Sí que acentuó hacia el final las lineas finas, pero es algo que doy por hecho llevándola tantas horas. La verdad que me sorprendió que soportara el paso de las horas tan bien. Como os he dicho, funciona muy bien con mi piel y los únicos brillos que había era por la cushion y no por mi piel en sí.

Cuando al principio os he dicho que he encontrado un color casi perfecto en ésta L'Oreal Nude Magique Cushion me refería al color en sí, no al subtono. Éste, desgraciadamente, es amarillo, por lo que no es exactamente mi color, pero consigo que no se note demasiado haciendo una especie de gradiente en el cuello. De todas formas, espero que 2017 sea el año en el que saquen BB Cushions con subtonos rosas (sí, ya sé que PONY Effect ya las ha sacado).


The L'Oreal Nude Magique Cushion is not an inexpensive product, at least not a drugstore prize. It retails here in Spain for 15€, but it's the best "western brand cushion" I've found without doubts, even better than high end cushions (except the new one from Chanel, but $$$). If you're living where Korean brand cushions are not easy available, try this one, is basically the same. Specially for those who have darker skin tones, because let's be honest, I don't have a problem with korean cushion tones. Definitely give it a try! It's really worth it.


La L'Oreal Nude Magique Cushion no es un producto barato si hablamos de gama baja-media. En España se vende por unos 15€, pero de verdad que es la mejor BB Cushion de marca occidental que he encontrado sin duda, muchísimo mejor que las de marcas de alta gama (excepto la nuevo de Chanel, que es fantástica pero $$$). Si vives en algún sitio donde las cushion de marcas Coreanas no sean fáciles de conseguir, dale una oportunidad a ésta, básicamente son lo mismo. Sobre todo si tenéis la piel más oscura porque a ver, yo no tengo problema con el sistema de colores del maquillaje en Corea. ¡Probadla! De verdad que merece la pena.


Feel free to follow me on instagram so we can keep in touch! 
¡Sígueme en instagram para estar al día!

You Might Also Like

0 comentarios

Disclaimer

Every photo here is mine unless stated so.

Every content here is original, not to be reproduced.

For more detailed information, please visit the Disclosure section.