Nails of the month: NFU Oh 51 swatches and review

10:24:00

NFU Oh 51 swatch
NFU Oh 51 swatch
I can't believe how I didn't post this earlier, because this is my absolute favorite nail polish ever. I only read about this brand to people who are really into nail polish, and this shade stole my heart. It stole my heart so much that I paid more than 15€ to get it from a country I can't remember from the east of Europe, almost 7 years ago. And I only recently learned that it's in fact a Korean nail polish company that even had a store in a very famous neighborhood in Seoul (and I talk in past tense because I think this company doesn't do NFU-Oh nails polish anymore).
I love this color because it's so rich and has a lot of colors in it, depending on how the light hits it- orange, purple, pink, green, yellow, blue. I love it. The flakes give it a very unique feeling, although it's very difficult to take it off exactly because of them.


No me puede creer que todavía no hubiera puesto éste esmalte por aquí, porque es sin duda alguna mi esmalte favorito. Sólo leo a gente que está muy metida en el mundo de los esmaltes hablar de ésta marca, y éste color em robó el corazón. Me lo robó tantísimo que pagué más de 15€ para comprarlo desde un país en el este de Europa (no me acuerdo cual), hace casi 7 años. Me enteré hace poco que en realidad es una compañía coreana, incluso tenían una tienda en un barrio muy famoso de Seúl (hablo en pasado porque creo que la compañía ya no hace los esmaltes NFU-Oh).
Me encanta éste color porque es súper único, dependiendo de cómo le dé la luz se ven un montón de colores: naranja, morado, rosa, verde, amarillo, azul. Lo adoro. Las escamas le dan un aspecto muy diferente, aunque también hacen que sea muy difícil quitarlo.

Straight to the point:

  • Base: Formula X
  • Color: NFU-oh 51. This has 5, yes FIVE coats. It's very very clear and takes A LOT for it to be completely opaque (I mean, it takes 5 layers). I never use it on its own, I always apply first a coat of a purple nail polish and then two coats of this, but that way you do take away some of the richness of the color.
  • Top Coat: Formula X.

      Al grano:

      • Base: Formula X.
      • Color: NFU-Oh 51. Esto tiene 5, sí, CINCO, capas. Es muy muy transparente y se necesita MUCHO para que sea totalmente opaco (pues eso, cinco capas). Nunca lo uso sólo, siempre me aplico primero una capa de un esmalte morado, pero sí es verdad que así se le quita algo de la peculiaridad de colores que tiene.
      • Top Coat: Formula X.

      I'm super bummed that NFU-Oh is out of business because I really wanted to try more from them, but at least there's a dupe for it for 1/4 of the price of this one: Color Club The Uptown. It's more opaque and has more flakes, achieving with two coats what I did applying 5 coats here (or so I've seen around the internet).

      Estoy bastante picada con que ya no se hagan esmaltes NFU-Oh porque la verdad que quería probar más de ellos, pero por lo menos hay un "plagio" a éste color por una 1/4 parte del precio de éste: The Uptown de Color Club. ése es más opaco y tiene más escamas, logrando con dos capas lo que aquí he conseguido con 5 (o eso he visto por internet).

      NFU Oh 51 swatch
      NFU Oh 51 swatch

      You Might Also Like

      0 comentarios

      Disclaimer

      Every photo here is mine unless stated so.

      Every content here is original, not to be reproduced.

      For more detailed information, please visit the Disclosure section.