Skincare anti-haul || Anti haul de cuidado de la piel

10:03:00

Skincare anti-haul || Anti haul de cuidado de la piel
Skincare anti-haul || Anti haul de cuidado de la piel
🎶🎶What I'm not gonna buuyyyy🎶🎶
Okay, so if you haven't read that singing, you haven't watch any of Kimberly Clark's anti hauls (you should watch her here, she talks about a lot of issues like consumerism, white privilege etc) that have been getting so popular on youtube these past months. A lot of beauty youtubers have been doing them, but I prefer the approach Kimberly Clark (and a lot of others) have, giving reasons more than "I don't like it", "I already have something similar" but highlighting issues behind those products. Obviously all opinions are valid and I'm not judging or saying some are better than the others, it's just what I prefer
If you continue reading don't take personal anything I say, I swear I'm not thinking about anybody in particular. These are my thoughts and are as valid as yours. These are opinions I have and opinions are not facts. Now, let's get down to business.


🎶🎶What I'm not gonna buuuyyyy🎶🎶
Si has leído eso cantando, ¡bien! conoces a Kimberly Clark y sus anti hauls (básicamente lo contrario a un haul, vaya, lo que no voy a comprar) que tan famosos se han hecho en los últimos meses en la comunidad de belleza de youtube. Y si no lo has hecho, te recomiendo que veas sus vídeos aquí (donde habla también de muchos problemas de la sociedad como por ejemplo consumismo, privilegio de blancos etc). Me gusta más el enfoque que le dan a los anti hauls Kimberly Clark y unos cuantos más, que dan razones de peso y hablan de problemas detrás de un producto que no van a comprar en vez de un "no me gusta" o "ya tengo parecidos", que repito que es lo que prefiero.
Si sigues leyendo eso no te tomes personalmente nada de lo que digo, de verdad que no estaba pensando en nadie en concreto mientras lo escribía. Éstas son opiniones que tengo y las opiniones no son hechos. Mis opiniones son tan válidas como las tuyas. Y ahora, lo que toca.


Disclaimer: The gifs are used to give it a more casual vibe, don't take them literally please...
Nota: los gifs los he usado para darle un aire más "casual", no os los toméis literal por favor....



Beauty Water or anything from Son&Park || Beauty Water ni nada de Son&Park

Son and Park anti-haul
Photos taken from the official Son&Park korean website
What is the Beauty Water again? A toner? An essence? A cleanser? I don't like multipurpose productos because I feel like if they do everything, they don't do everything right (the same way that if you know something about everything, you cannot know a lot about everything). A lot of people I've read or watch have said that they didn't feel any change while using the Beauty Water, but yes when they stopped using it. Obviously, it's not like you've convince yourself that you need the latest "it" product because every one has it (this is sarcasm, just in case). Being completely honest I've been tempted to buy it a lot of times, most of the times when I was in Seoul and would go into the Olive Young, but I repeated myself over and over again of the previous things and I always made it out (and back to Spain) without it. And I don't regret it.

Beauty water porque ¿qué es? ¿Tónico? ¿Esencia? ¿Limpiador? No me gustan los productos multiusos porque creo que si hacen de todo, no lo hacen nada bien (como la frase que si se sabe un poco de mucho, no se puede saber mucho de todo, pues lo mismo). Mucha de la gente que he leído o visto hablando sobre la beauty water dice que no notaba ningún cambio usándola, pero sí cuando la dejaron de usar. Claro, claro, ya, no es como que quieras tener el último producto "it" porque lo tiene todo el mundo y cómo no vas a tenerlo tú (lease con sarcasmo). Siendo sincera he estado tentada muchas veces a comprarla, sobre todo cuando estaba en Seúl y entraba a los Olive Young, pero me repetía una y otra vez lo de arriba y siempre conseguí salir (y volver a España) sin ella. Y no me arrepiento.


Another of the reason I won't buy anything from Son&Park is that the founders of the company were basically kicked out of it, you can read about it here. When a small business venture becomes so large, usually the creators are "pushed to the back", relegated to "investors", and sometimes they don't sign the correct contract to keep having influence in the company. This is what happened to them. Basically they "stole their company". I'm not gonna spend my money in what I think are "company thiefs".

Otra de las razones es que echaron a los dos creadores de la marca, leed sobre esto aquí (sólo inglés, ¡si encontráis algo en castellano pasádmelo!). Cuando una pequeña empresa se vuelve tan grande, al final los creadores quedan relegados a "inversores", y a veces no firman contratos correctos para poder seguir ejerciendo influencia en la compañía. A ellos les pasó esto. Básicamente les "quitaron su compañía". No voy a dar mi dinero a lo que yo considero unos "ladrones de marca".



Nothing that has anything to do with collaborations || Nada de colaboraciones

Collaborations anti-haul
Photos taken from the official korean website of Peripera, The Face Shop and Tony Moly
I hate, hate, let me say it again just in case, hate collaborations that korean brands do. To name a few of the last ones that I right now can think of the Pokemon with Tony Moly, The Powerpuff Girls by Peripera, and the last one I saw in person the Trolls x The Face Shop (are you fucking kidding me?)

Odio, odio, dejadme decirlo otra vez por si acaso, odio las colaboraciones de los productos coreanos. Por decir las última que me vienen a la cabeza la de Pokemon de Tony Moly, las Super Nenas de Peripera, y la última que vi en persona y que me horrorizó la de Trolls de The Face Shop (¿pero me estáis vacilando?) 


These collaborations are only done to try to sell more because of the packaging, like people going crazy over buying things of the Tony Moly collab with Pokemon and that I never see anyone use anymore and even in Tony Moly stores are giving as free gifts with a minimum purchase amount.

Éstas colaboraciones sólo se sacan para intentar vender más por el packaging, como la gente volviéndose loca por comprar cosas de Pokemon de Tony Moly y que ya nunca veo a nadie usar e incluso en la tiendas físicas de la marca los regalan llegando a un mínimo de compra.


If the collaborations had a good design, were integrated and the benefits of selling them were for organizations, for example to help single mothers (that still suffer a lot of prejudice in korean society) or to help campaigns to raise awareness of HIV (which is growing in South Korea because of the poor sexual education they have... but that's another topic)...

But nope, all these collaborations are fast and done together with mega corporations or movies with the sole objective of promoting the product in the tube and sell more. It's buying for the shake of buying, consumerism in a nutshell, capitalism in summary. I don't need products the company already has because it has a Troll sticker that's supposed to be cute (that if I haven't been clear, I don't think like that, I think these collaborations are design aberrations). Nah, you'd never catch me buying these consumerism in bottles.


Si las colaboraciones estuvieran bien diseñadas, integradas, y los beneficios de la venta fuera para organizaciones, como por ejemplo para ayudar a madres solteras (que tanto rechazo siguen sufriendo en la sociedad coreana) o ayudar a hacer campañas para concienciar a la sociedad sobre el sida (que está creciendo porque la sociedad coreana no tiene educación sexual... pero ese es otro tema)...

Pero no, todas éstas colaboraciones son rápidas, y hechas en conjunto con mega compañías o películas con el único objetivo de promocionar el producto que han estampado en el bote y vender más. Es el comprar por comprar, consumismo puro, el capitalismo resumido. No necesito productos que la compañía ya tiene porque tengan una pegatina de un Troll y se supone que es monísimo (que por si no os ha quedado claro, no me lo parecen, todas éstas colaboraciones me parecen aberraciones a la estética). Nah, nunca me pillaréis comprando un consumismo en bote como estos.


Nothing from The Ordinary || Nada de The Ordinary

The Ordinary anti-haul
Photos taken from the oficial The Ordinary website
Before going any further, let me tell you that my "ickyness" with The Ordinary is months long, before they had international shipping. I send them a message asking about sipping times because someone I know was going to go to USA, NYC to be exact, and I wanted to know if it was possible for me to buy it and if it would arrive on time for that person to get it. I never got an answer. This was before they started sending PR packages to bloggers, instagramers and youtubers to promote themselves and make it known that they have international shipping.

Antes de nada, decir que mi pique con The Ordinary viene de hace meses, de antes de que tuvieran envío internacional. Les mandé un mensaje preguntando por los tiempos de envío, porque aprovechando que una persona que conocía iba a ir a USA, NYC en concreto, quería saber si me daría tiempo a comprarlo online y que le llegara. Nunca obtuve respuesta. Esto fue antes de que empezaran a mandar paquetes a bloggers, instagramers y youtubers para promocionarse y que todo el mundo supiera que ya tienen envío internacional.


So that's the first reason. The second one, that it's actually an extension of the first one, because of the amount I've read on instagram that have bought their products, something happened (packages lost, never send etc) and they responded with a subpar customer service for the majority of them, other ones had late answers.
And the third one because... okay, they might work but I'm sick of seeing them on instagram all the time and feeling like I'm watching The Ordinary's ads over and over again. I feel like every time I get into instagram I jump in a The Ordinary advertisment (although it is true that it has calmed down in the last few months).


Así que es la primera razón. La segunda, que en realidad es una extensión de la primera, por la cantidad de gente que he leído en instagram que han comprado sus productos, les han pasado cosas diferentes (paquetes nunca enviados, perdidos etc) y ellos respondieron con un servicio de atención al cliente en su mayoría pésimo, la otra parte obtuvo respuestas pero tarde.
Y la tercera porque... vale, puede que funcionen pero estoy harta de verlo en instagram todo el rato y sentir que lo único que veo son anuncios de The Ordinary. Siento que cada vez que entro a instagram vivo en un anuncio de The Ordinary (aunque es verdad que los últimos par de meses se ha calmado).


Nothing from Too Cool For School || Nada de Too Cool For School

Too Cool For Schoo anti-haul
Photos taken from the official korean website of Too Cool For School

Where do I start with this brand to be honest.

A ver por dónde empiezo con ésta marca por que en fin.


The first time I went to a Too Cool For School store it was 3 years ago, first time I went to South Korea. I was really excited about buying several things from the brand that has that much fame online, and I finally decided to just buy the Abracadra eye masks (the one that are hydrogel and have lace design). I went with a korean friend that was the one that talked all the time when we were going to pay, and I always said hello, goodbye and thank you in korean (being polite when you travel to another country and you don't know the language, but anyway) and I felt like they didn't want to sell me anything.

The 3 girls that were on the store didn't even look twice at us when we went into the store, something really weird because there they even yell from the back of the store "Welcome to XX tell me if you need help" (and no, I am not exaggerating with the yelling), and when I paid the face that the sales lady did... I was so close to going out of there without buying anything.


La primera vez que fui a una tienda de Too Cool For School fue hace 3 años, la primera vez que fui a Corea del Sur. Estaba súper emocionada de comprar varias cosas de la marca por la fama que tienen online, y al final me decidí por un par de las mascarillas de ojos Abracadabra (las que son un antifaz de hidrogel que tiene dibujos de encaje). Iba con una amiga coreana que fue la que habló en todo momento cuando fuimos a pagar, y yo siempre decía hola, gracias y adiós en coreano (educación cuando viajas a un país que no es el tuyo y no sabes el idioma que se llama, pero en fin) y sentí totalmente que no querían venderme nada. 

Las 3 chicas que había en la tienda ni se dignaron a mirarnos dos veces cuando entramos en la tienda, cosa rara allí que incluso gritan desde el fondo de las tiendas de otras marcas "Bienvenido a XXX dígame si necesita algo" (y no, no estoy exagerando con lo de que gritan), y cuando pagué la mueca de la chica... me dieron ganas de largarme de allí sin comprar nada.


It left such a bad taste in my mouth but I thought they were probably just those girls; I decided to give the brand another chance when I was leaving for while there this year. I went into the store looking, without anything in mind but knowing that I wanted to buy something... and I was again treated again like dust. And I know I'm not the only one because every time I walked pass a Too Cool For School store in Seoul they were always empty, I never saw more than one person inside- except when they did the collaboration with ssinnim (korean youtuber). I don't know how this brand survives to be honest, social media advertisement works this much?
Anyway, this didn't happen to me in the same stores and I'm not going to give my money to a corporation that I feel think themselves as really cool and superior. Oh, so you're too cool for school, congrats!


Me dejó muy mal gusto pero pensé que serían esas chicas; decidí darle otra oportunidad cuando volví éste año a vivir un tiempo. Entré a la tienda simplemente a mirar, sin nada en concreto en la cabeza, pero quería algo... Y otra vez me trataron como polvo. Y sé que no soy la única porque las tiendas de Too Cool For School están siempre vacías en Seúl, nunca he visto más de una persona dentro- salvo cuando sacaron la última colaboración con ssinnim (una youtuber coreana). La verdad que no sé cómo sobrevive ésta marca ¿la publicidad en las redes que hacen les da para tanto?
En fin, esto no me pasó en las mismas tiendas así que no pienso dar mi dinero a una corporación que siento que va de guay, de superior. Eres muy guay para el colegio (la traducción de su marca literalmente), ¡pues enhorabuena chico! 



By the way, are we still pretending that the packaging design with drawings is pretty?

Por cierto, ¿seguimos pretendiendo todavía que el packaging de los dibujos es bonito?


Nothing from Shiseido || Nada de Shiseido

Shiseido anti-haul
Photos taken from the Shiseido official spanish website 
If I tell you that I almost cried when I made this decision you best believe it. Shiseido is one of my favorite skincare brands, but they test on animals. I don't know if they would test on animals even if they wouldn't sell physically in China. I'm using brands currently that aren't cruelty free, but I don't have anything from Shiseido and I'm not gonna buy ever again.


Si os digo que casi lloré cuando tomé la decisión os lo podéis creer. Shiseido es una de mis marcas favoritas de cuidado de la piel, pero testan en animales. No sé si testan en animales aunque no vendieran en China. Estoy usando otras marcas que no son cruelty free, pero no tengo nada de Shiseido y no pienso volver a comprar nada.


Nothing that tests on animals || Nada que teste en animales


Basically, that's it. It actually pains me because a lot of korean brands that I love (The Saem, su:m37... basically all brands I've tried that aren't from Amore Pacific) sell physically in China and, therefore, test on animals. A lot of them also test on animals even if they don't physically sell over there.

Así, en resumen. Cosa que me duele porque muchas marcas coreanas que me encantan (The Saem, su:m37... básicamente todas las marcas que no son de Amore Pacific que he probado) venden físicamente en China y por lo tanto testan en animales. También muchas de ellas testan en animales aunque no vendan físicamente en China.


What happened with Nars these past days deciding to enter de Chinese market got me thinking more seriously about all of this, it was always blocked in the back on my mind, but I've finally faced it. I'm trying to stop using products that aren't cruelty free from my make up and skincare. 

Lo que ha pasado estos días anteriores con Nars entrando en el mercado Chino me ha hecho pensar sobre todo esto más de lo que nunca lo había hecho, estaba siempre relegado a un segundo plano y por fin me he enfrentado a ello. Estoy intentando eliminar todos los productos tanto de maquillaje como de cuidado de la piel que no sean cruelty free de mi vida (uy, qué dramático ha sonado, pero eso). 


The good news is that South Korea is prohibiting testing on animals in 2018 (it's been illegal in Europe for a long time).
If you want to read about cruelty free cosmetics, I found this amazing blog, and about korean brands this other one

La buena noticia es que Corea del Sur va a prohibir el testado en animales en 2018 (en Europa es ilegal desde hace muchísimo).
Si queréis leer sobre cruelty free, encontré éste blog genial, y sobre marcas coreanas cruelty free éste otro


And that's it! If you want to tell me what you're not gonna buy, do it! I love reading about these things (I'm a little bit hooked on watching youtube anti hauls tbh).

Y si queréis contarme que es lo que vostrxs no vais a comprar, ¡contádmelo! Me encanta leer sobre éstas cosas (estoy un poco enganchada a ver anti hauls en youtube).

You Might Also Like

0 comentarios

Disclaimer

Every photo here is mine unless stated so.

Every content here is original, not to be reproduced.

For more detailed information, please visit the Disclosure section.