This month's favorites: July 2017 || Favoritos del mes: Julio de 2017

10:41:00

This month's favorites: July 2017 || Favoritos del mes: Julio de 2017
This month's favorites: July 2017 || Favoritos del mes: Julio de 2017
I can't believe it's the end of July, I'm baffled. And I honestly haven't noticed how time has fly because I'm using the exact same skincare products I was using in June. Well, with the exception of the Make Remake Cloud cleanser that I used as a make up remover and that I already reviewed in this entry.

So naturally, I was surprised when last week I realized that I should be writing this to put up at the end of the month (today I mean, duh) and I really didn't have that many skincare newbies to show.


No me puedo creer que ya sea el final de julio. Y la verdad es que ni me he dado cuenta de cómo ha pasado el tiempo porque estoy usando exactamente los mismos productos de cuidado de la piel que usaba en junio. Bueno, con el excepción del limpiador "nube" de Make Remake que estaba usando como desmaquillador y del que ya he hecho una entrada aquí.

Así que obviamente, la semana pasada flipé cuando me di cuenta que ya tenía que empezar a pensar en escribir ésta entrada para finales de mes (hoy, claro) y la verdad es que tampoco había muchas cosas nuevas de cuidado de la piel que contaros.

su:m37 Ocean Effect Cleansing Foam
I started using the su:m37 Ocean Effect Cleansing Foam at the beginning of June, but I've grown to really like it as a cleanser this month. As you know if you follow me on instagram (if you don't you can do so here) I sunbath almost everyday if the weather collaborates with my will. This cleanser removes the sunscreen from my face without stripping it down from oils. Granted, sometimes I have to double cleanse with the cleanser, first to get off the sunscreen and then to actually cleanse my face, but even in days were I haven't sunbath this is just an amazing cleanser. I wouldn't say it's the best for dry skin, because it does dry out my skin a bit, but having oily skin that isn't honestly a problem for me. It also smells really fresh and yes, I will do sooner than later a review on it (I'm already drafting it).

Empecé a usar el limpiador Ocean Effect Cleansing Foam de su:m37 a principios de junio, pero me ha terminado por convencer como limpiador éste mes. Como ya sabéis si me seguís en isntagram (y si no lo hacéis, pues hacedlo aquí coleguis) tomo el sol prácticamente todos los días que el tiempo me lo permite. Éste limpiador consigue eliminar la crema de sol de la cara sin dejarla seca. A ver, a veces tengo que hacer doble limpieza, una para quitar la crema de sol y la segunda para limpiar correctamente la piel, pero incluso en los días en los que no tomo el sol es un limpiador fantástico. No diría que es el mejor para piel seca, porque sí que me resaca un poco la piel, pero teniendo la piel grasa no es algo que me preocupe. También huele fantásticamente a limpio y sí, haré una entrada sobre el limpiador más pronto que tarde (ya estoy haciendo el borrador).
I'm Sorry For My Skin Masks

I have finally tried this month the I'm Sorry For My Skin sheet masks form the brand Ultru (or Ultrue, I just don't know any more to be completely honest), that I bough in my last week in Seoul. These were really hyped at the end of last year around instagram and I wanted to try them because the packaging looks amazing and right up my alley, it's very eye-catching and not in a bit cutesy. I have honestly loved them, and I was going it with high hopes. But more on this actually in the next couple of weeks, I already have the review ready to hit the "publish" button.

Éste mes por fin he probado las mascarillas I'm Sorry For My Skin (literalmente "perdón por mi piel") de la marca Ultru (o Ultrue, la verdad es que no me aclaro cual es), que compré en mi última semana en Seúl. Éstas mascarillas tuvieron mucha fama por instagram a finales del año pasado y quería probarlas por eso y porque el diseño del producto es totalmente como me gusta, llaman mucho la atención sin ser ni por un momento "mono". La verdad es que me han encantado, y eso que tenía el listón muy alto para ellas. Pero más sobre ellas en su entrada que publicaré en un par de semanas, ya la tengo lista para darle al botón de "publicar".


Alexis Ren x Colourpop collaboration
The Alexis Ren x Colourpop collaboration launched back in February, but even before the launch I was obsessed with these two colors: Little Weapon and Bare Necessities. The first one is the ultra matte orange-based bright red, and the second one the ultra satin cool toned nude. Little Weapon is even more eye catching in person, is just so bright that it's stunning to look at. But if you wanna know more in depth about it wait until next week, I'm going to publish a full review on it (like I did for my favorite Colourpop color, Are N Be). I was a little bit disappointed with Bare Necessities, because I thought it will be more pinkish, and it's actually a little bit too browny. But I really like it for a natural look on the lips.

La colaboración Alexis Ren x Colourpop salió en febrero, pero incluso antes de ello ya estaba obsesionada con estos dos colores: Little Weapon y Bare Necessities. El primero es un rojo súper brillante con base naranja ultra matte, y el segundo un ultra satin nude para pieles claras con subtono frío. Little Weapon llama incluso más la atención en persona, es tan brillante que me encanta mirarlo. Pero si queréis saber más sobre ello, la semana que viene voy a publicar entrada específica para el labial (igual que ya hice con mi color favorito de Colourpop, Are N Be). Bare Necessities me decepcionó un poco, porque pensaba que iba a ser más rosado, y es más tirando a marrón. Pero me gusta mucho para dar un look natural a los labios.



Tony Moly The Chok Chok cream

I kind of like Tony Moly's makeup, and they do my absolute favorite eyeliner, the Backstage Gel eyeliner (and their Super peeling foot masks are by far my favorite) but their skincare products... eh... However, long are the days where I told my friends "I'm never letting a Tony Moly skincare product touch my face"- this The Chok Chok Green Tea cream is amazing. I don't know for sure how I first learned about it, but I think it was with an ad in facebook in which Seo Kang Joon (actor and one of the most handsome actors. That's a fact by the way, irrefutable) touched his face a lot and finally discovered that it was because he used the cream.

So anyway I tried a sample, loved it, and then bought the full size when it was on sale (I mean, everything is on sale sooner or later in Seoul- oh, to live in a capitalist society). I love love it, and I think it's perfect for combination/oily skin people. Yes, yes, review coming.



Me gusta bastante el maquillaje de Tony Moly, y hacen mi eyeliner favorito, el Backstage Gel eyeliner (y sus mascarillas de peeling para los pies son mis favoritas) pero sus productos de cuidado de la piel... eh... Pero bueno, lejos quedan los días en los que les decía a mis amigas "nunca voy a dejar que un producto de Tony Moly me toque la cara"; ésta crema The Chok Chok Green Tea es genial. No sé seguro cuándo supe de su existencia, pero creo que fue cuando vi un anuncio en facebook en el que Seo Kang joon (actor y uno de los más guapos además, irrefutable) se tocaba mucho la cara y al final se sabía que era porque usaba ésta crema.

Pero bueno, que usé una muestra, me encantó, y luego me la compré cuando estaba de rebajas (a ver, todo esta tarde a temprano de rebajas en Seúl, la dicha de vivir en una sociedad capitalista). Me encanta, me encanta, y creo que es perfecta para la gente con piel grasa/mixta. Y sí, la entrada se avecina.


Crazy Rich Asians Kevin Kwan
And again, as last month's entry, last but not least the Crazy Rich Asians book by Kevin Kwan. This is actually a very new addition to my life (last Sunday to be exact), but I devour books so I'm mostly done with it. I actually heard about these books because of the casting news for the movie, and back in Seoul one of my friends really recommended the book to me. When I got back to Spain I started reading it on the computer, but I wanted a physical copy of it because I like to read when I'm sunbathing and I can't clearly do that with the computer. So when my father went to NYC I asked him to get it for me, with this cover I might add because it's vastly superior to the other version, and I'm loving it. By the way, the movie cast is just perfect, they nailed it.
The writing style is fast even with all the opulence description and almost feels like a chick-lit (although I hate using that term because I find it kind of degrading ugh), and I laugh a lot hearing about well, these crazy rich people. Loving it and can't wait to order online the second one. Really, can we talk about the amazing cover art though?

Y otra vez, como con la entrada del mes pasado, por último pero no menos importante el libro Crazy Rich Asians (Asiáticos Ricos Locos, que me lo he comprado en inglés más que nada porque no está traducido) de Kevin Kwan. Ésta es una adición muy nueva a mi vida (del domingo pasado para ser concretos), pero devoro los libros y  ya prácticamente lo he terminado. En realidad supe de éste libro por las noticias sobre el cast para la película, y en Seúl una de mis amigas me recomendó el libro. Cuando volví a España lo empecé a leer en formato digital, pero quería una copia física porque me gusta leer mientras tomo el sol y obviamente con el ordenador no lo puedo hacer. Así que cuando mi padre fue a NYC le pedí que me lo comprara, debo añadir que con ésta portada porque es mucho mejor que la de la otra versión, y me encanta. Por cierto, el cast de la película es perfecto, lo han clavado.

La forma de escribir es rápida, a pesar de todas las descripciones de la opulencia de ésta gente, y casi parece un chick-lit (término que odio usar porque me parece degradante), y me río un montón leyendo sobre bueno, gente rica loca. Me encanta y ya estoy por comprar el segundo online. De verdad, ¿podemos hablar de lo preciosa y acertada que es la portada?



Hope you had a fantastic month, and that you have an even better August! 

Espero que hayáis tenido un mes genial, ¡y que tengáis un agosto incluso mejor!

You Might Also Like

0 comentarios

Disclaimer

Every photo here is mine unless stated so.

Every content here is original, not to be reproduced.

For more detailed information, please visit the Disclosure section.