Product that surprised me: POP Beam Base Primer

10:33:00

Pop Beam Base Primer review
A kinda POP Beam Base Primer review, an inexpensive and unexpected good illuminator!

Don't you have those moments while online browsing shops, in which you just want to buy something because of the price? Even if you know that is not gonna be a great thing? Im guilty of it sometimes. and I really hope more people are. Just sometimes. Very few times.
It was around christmas sale time when I went to Asos' website, just to see what was in sale and having nothing in mind. This primer caught  my eye mostly because of the sale-prize (15€ for a primer? yes, sir).
Now, don't get me wrong. I bought it just to try it because I kinda knew it would be a bad one. And I don't think it's a good primer. At all. But it actually leaves such a good look on my face as its own! And that's why it surprised me- I use it on those days when I don't wanna wear makeup, but I'm not very fond of the brightness or redness going on with my skin.


Por favor, decidme que también tenéis esos momentos en los que compráis algo que está de rebajas sólo por el precio. Incluso aunque sepáis que no va a ser un producto genial. Porque yo sí que lo hago... de vez en cuando. De muy vez en cuando.
A la vuelta de Navidades a principios de este año estaba "mirando por ver" la página de Asos, sin tener pensado comprar nada. Cuando vi este primer, me llamó mucho la atención, más que nada por el precio (¿unos 15€ por un primer? hooola...)
A ver, cuando lo compré, sabía que no iba a ser la octava maravilla del mundo. Sin embargo, ¡me encanta cómo deja la cara cuando lo llevo sin maquillaje por encima! Es precisamente eso lo que me gustó de él, que puedo utilizarlo en los días que no me apetece llevar maquillaje, pero aún así hay algo que "falla" en mi piel.


Pop Beam Base primer inexpensive illuminator


There are two shades available Gentle Glow (a light shade) and Balmy Bronze (a much darker shade), and being my pale self, I purchased the lighter one.

Hay dos tonos disponibles: Gentle Glow (un tono claro) y Balmy Bronze (uno mucho más oscuro). Yo cogí por razones obvias el primero.


POP Beauty Beam Base Primer review


Review

Now that I'm looking at their website they claim the following about the POP beam Base Primer: 

"This complexion-enhancing treatment gel primer creates a plump & subtly glowing skin finish, evens out skin tone and keeps makeup in place & looking flawless all day. Multi-talented formula adds hydration to thirsty skin, increasing elasticity & filling in fine lines."
First time using it was as your regular primer- after moisturizing my skin, before applying makeup. I remember I used it at night, because I always taste products on nights-outs (if i last the party night, it can last for everything in my opinion). However, I used it with also a drugstore foundation and I didn't see that it made it last longer. Thinking that maybe it was because the foundation just bad an average lasting time, net time using the primer was with my Clinique foundation, but this last a lot on its own and I frankly didn't see it improving the time.

One day in which I had some discoloration, but otherwise kind of a good skin, I remember applying it and actually looking in the mirror and thinking "oh, this looks cute". And since then I haven't even tried using it as a primer because honestly, it's a waste of time.


Pop Beam Base Primer swatch
One pump (pictured) is enough for the face and even too much.
Con una aplicación es suficiente para cubrir la cara, incluso demasiado.

Por no traducir todo lo que dice la web, básicamente exponen el producto como un "primer en gel que crea un acabado radiante en la piel, unifica el tono y asegura la duración del maquillaje durante todo el día. Con una multi-fórmula, añade hidratación a la piel necesita, aumentando la elasticidad y rellenando pequeñas líneas de expresión".

La primera vez lo utilicé como un primer normal, después de darme la hidratante y antes de aplicar el maquillaje. Lo utilicé por la noche (tengo esta manía de probar las cosas las noches que salgo de fiesta, pienso que si dura toda la noche después de una fiesta, aguanta cualquier cosa). Recuerdo utilizarlo esta primera vez con un maquillaje "malo", en este caso de Maybelline, y no noté que me durara más. Pensando que igual era por la calidad del maquillaje, lo probé una segunda vez (esta vez por la mañana) con mi maquillaje habitual de Clinique, pero éste dura mucho por sí sólo, y tampoco esta vez noté que el primer alargara la duración.


Fue un día que tenía algo de descoloración, pero un día bastante bueno después de mucho malos (por lo que no quería tentar a la suerte maquillándome), cuando lo utilicé "por probar" y me encantó el resultado. Así que desde entonces no he vuelto si quiera a intentar utilizarlo como primer.



Pop beam base primer inexpensive illuminator swatch
Left- no product. Right- blended product.
Izquierda- sin producto. Derecha- producto aplicado.


Now, onto what they claim:

  • Does it gave a subtly glow? Absolutely.
  • Keeps makeup in place & flawless all day? Eh, not really.
  • Adds hydration? I honestly don't feel my skin more hydrated using it.
  • Increases elasticity & fills in fine lines? Yes!

SO, would I recommend buying this product? Kinda.  Absolute yes if your in a budget. But I mean, it's the only product I've tried that claims to do these things, and there has to be other products out there doing the same. So until I've tried them... This POP Beam Base Primer is a very good and inexpensive product for going makeup free but a totally useless primer.



Sobre lo que dicen del producto:

  • Da un brillo sutil? Por supuesto.
  • Mantiene el maquillaje durante todo el día? No...
  • Hidrata? No noto que lo haga.
  • Aumenta la elasticidad y rellene finas líneas? Sí.

Recomendaría este producto? Sí, pero sólo si no puedes o no quieres permitirte productos de mayor ""categoría"" (por decirlo de alguna manera). Más que nada porque creo que tiene que haber en el mercado más productos que digan hacer lo mismo que éste, y hasta que no pueda compararlo con otro... De todas maneras, el POP Beam Base Primer es un producto muy bueno para su precio y una buena opción más barata como iluminador, pero no como primer.

You Might Also Like

0 comentarios

Disclaimer

Every photo here is mine unless stated so.

Every content here is original, not to be reproduced.

For more detailed information, please visit the Disclosure section.