Rituals Ultra Calming Facial Toner

11:34:00

Rituals Ultra Calming Facial Toner review
Rituals Ultra calming Facial Toner review

My obsession with rituals in starting to come on par with the one I have with Sephora. Every time I go shopping or just for a walk, I have to go to the store. It doesn't matter it was last week when I bought the last thing, I just go to the store and watch everything all over again, like I'm making sure nothing new is there.

I normally always have a back up product at home, but I bought one to a korean store and my customs played a trick on me, so I run out of toner some days before I bought this one. When I finally could go to the city to buy one, my first choice was my quick-inexpensive-but-good Formula 10.0.6 So Totally Clean Sensitive Formula toner , but the store I usually buy it from didn't have any left. When I went to the Rituals Store I wasn't even thinking of the toner, but when I saw their skincare stand it was like a sun ray illuminated the toner (lol, you get the idea).


La obsesión que empiezo a tener con Rituals y el entrar a su tienda cada vez que paso por delante, empieza a parecerse a la que tengo con Sephora; es decir, empieza a estar en niveles preocupantes.


En cuanto a productos de la piel se refiere, siempre que estoy por terminar uno compro el siguiente, para no estar ni un día sin ello. Sin embargo, compré un tónico a Corea antes de que se me terminara el que estaba utilizando, y como en aduanas básicamente me la jugaron, me quedé sin tónico cuando terminé el que tenía en casa. Cuando pude ir a comprar, fui a una tienda en la que compro el tónico al que suelo recurrir cuando estoy "necesitada", por ser relativamente bueno y barato, el So Totally Clean Sensitive Formula Toner de Formula 10.0.6., pero lo tenían agotado. Cuando entré a la tienda de Rituals ni me acordaba del tónico, pero cuando lo vi en la sección de cuidado de la piel, me pregunté porqué no se me había ocurrido probarlo antes.


Rituals Ultra Calming Facial toner alcohol-free

Rituals have two toners, the Refreshing Facial Toner and the one I bought. I asked the lady working there if both of them were alcohol-free and she told me that yes, both were (although I don't think the Refreshing one is alcohol free since it is nowhere stated, as opposed to the Ultra Calming). She also told me that the pink one was more astringent, so that made bought without hesitation the other one.

As it's normal for Rituals' products, the bottle has polished design that it kinds of remind of asian beauty products, and it is sold without a box. It's kind of hard to take the lid off, which I like since it means that it won't open when it doesn't have to, and it also has additional security since you have to turn the pump to the right to be able to get product. Also, one or two pumps are enough for using the product on the whole face.


En Rituals tienen dos tónicos, el que em compré y el Refreshing Facial Toner. Aunque la chica que me atendió me dijo que los dos eras libres de alcohol, no veo en éste último ninguna indicación a ello. Además, me dijo que era más astringente, por lo que me compré el Ultra Calming Facial Toner sin dudarlo.


Como viene siendo normal en Rituals, la botella tiene un diseño muy sobrio (y elegante a la vez) que recuerda a los productos de belleza asiáticos, y se vende sin caja. El tapón está un poco duro y hay que hacer fuerza para quitarlo, lo que por lo menos a mí me encanta porque así sé que no se abrirá por ejemplo en el neceser. Tiene otro "método de seguridad", que hay que girar el dispensador un poco a la derecha para poder apretarlo. Con una o dos veces que se apriete es suficiente para toda la cara.


Rituals Ultra Calming Facial Toner review packaging
Rituals Ultra Calming Facial Toner packaging 

I was kind of turn off by its fragrance the first time, but it's mostly  because I can't stand the vanilla smell. However, do not think it's vanilla heavy! It does smell like an aloe vera plant mixed with apple and some other herbs? But I totally could go without the vanilla undertone.
The sensation I had the first time I used was weird. It's very difficult to explain what it does, but it feels like the toner is entering the skin (which I think is good- I feel the product working!). After it has dried, the skin is totally smoother, softer. Remember I'm always extra-careful with skincare products, toners specially, since I have such a sensitive skin and I was pleasantly surprised with this one!


La primera vez que lo utilicé me disgustó un poco la fragancia, más que nada porque no aguanto el olor a vainilla. ¡Menos mal que sólo se nota un poco! Me huele a la planta de aloe vera mezclado con manzana, y quizás algunas hierbas. Pero eso, que podrían haberse omitido el tono de vainilla.
La sensación que da en la piel al aplicarlo es muy rara. Es algo difícil de explicar, pero es como si se notara al tónico "entrar" en la piel, que em gusta porque así parece que sientes al producto trabajando. Siempre tengo mucho cuidado con los productos de belleza, sobre todo con los tónicos, por la piel tan sensible que tengo, ¡pero este me sorprendió "muy-mucho"!

Rituals Ultra Calming Facial Toner

The Rituals Ultra Calming Facial Toner can be purchased through their website for 11,50€ (only Europe shipping, I'm afraid).


El Ultra Calming Facial Toner de Rituals se puede comprar a través de su web a un precio de 11,50€.

You Might Also Like

0 comentarios

Disclaimer

Every photo here is mine unless stated so.

Every content here is original, not to be reproduced.

For more detailed information, please visit the Disclosure section.