Favorite base coat: OPI Nail Envy nail strengthener

10:34:00

OPI Nail envy review
A kinda OPI Nail Envy review
I have very weak nails in the winter, and I couldn't seem to keep the long nails (well, not really that long since they interfere with work) I always have in summer. It was so frustrating. Until I discovered this base! I first bought OPI Nailv Envy Sensitive and Peeling because my nails were layering and breaking like crazy.

En verano siempre tengo las uñas largas, pero estos últimos inviernos no podía mantener la largura (bueno, en realidad no las llevo tan largas como en verano nunca, no son prácticas y se interponen entre el trabajo y yo): se cascaban, se me abrían en capas... Hasta que descubrí esta base! La primera que me compré fue la versión Sensitive and Peeling porque por el nombre parecía más adecuada a mis problemas.


OPI nail envy review bottle

However, after some months (3 at max!) the base started to get thicker. And I mean thicker. It's now almost imposible to work easy with it, it takes a lot more of time to paint the base coat than it should. So of course I went on the internet to see if this was a normal issue or if it was me doing something wrong and surprise! - it is a common issue.
I needed to buy another base coat just in case I run out of the other one, so I went for the original formula and it is a-mazing. The consistency it's a lot better than the sensitive and peeling one, I don't even remember that one being as viscous as the original formula. I tried to take pictures to kind of show it, and I had a really hard time capturing it for the original (it was easy peasy on the other hand to capture sensitive and peeling's consistency).

Me encantaba la base pero después de meses (tres como mucho...) la consistencia se volvió muy gruesa. Me cuesta muchísimo pintarme con ella, tengo que prestar más atención a la hora de echarme la base de la que debería. Así que un poco harta, me metí en internet para ver is estaba haciendo algo mal o era algo que simplemente pasa, y descubrí que es un problema totalmente común!
Como necesitaba ya comprarme otra base para tener "por si acaso", me decidí por la fórmula original, que ha resultado ser increíble. La consistencia es mucho mejor que la de la versión "sensitive and peeling" incluso en sus mejores días. He sacado fotos para comparar las consistencias, lo suyo me ha llevado reflejar la de la fórmula original... aunque la otra ha sido coser y cantar.
OPI Nail Envy Original review

Nail Envy Original consistency


OPI Nail Envy sensitive and peeling review

Nail Envy Sensitive and Peeling consistency. Guess why is the bottle busted.


As much as it looks I'm hating on the orange letters- I'm not! It totally made a difference in my nails, but after having the original one, I can't look past the consistency.
I used other base coats, and believe me: you need this one.
The only thing I don't like about the original formula? It's not formaldehyde free as the first I tried.

Aunque parezca que me estoy metiendo mucho con el botecito de letras naranjas... no es así! Para nada. Creo que si tengo las uñas otra vez bien es gran (GRAAAN) parte gracias a ello, pero es que habiendo probado la fórmula original, no veo más allá de la diferencia de consistencias de los dos.
He utilizado muchas más bases de uñas, y de verdad: necesitas esta.

Lo único que no me gusta de la base original es que no está libre de formaldehído como la otra. 

You can buy OPI Nail Envy (original) here for 19'00€.
You can buy OPI Nail Envy Sensitive and Peeling) here for 19'00€.
OPI Nail Envy Original packaging
The packaging! The other one is the same but with orange tones instead of blueish
La cajita en la que viene. La otra es igual pero con tonos naranjas en vez de azulados.



You Might Also Like

0 comentarios

Disclaimer

Every photo here is mine unless stated so.

Every content here is original, not to be reproduced.

For more detailed information, please visit the Disclosure section.