My korean skincare routine

9:32:00

Daily korean skincare routine
Daily korean skincare routine

I suppose you all know by now about the "bazillion" steps of a korean skincare routine. If not (you need to read more about it), lets simply say: layering technique consisting of:
Morning: cleanser - toner - essence/serum - eye cream - emulsion/cream - sunscreen "- makeup".
Night: double cleanse - toner - essence/serum - eye cream - emulsion/cream + optional products.
Before getting into it, let me say that I don't do a double cleanse; I don't do the "first cleanse" with oil cleanser or cleansing balm because I'm still using what I've left of my micellar water to remove my makeup (and I honestly can't wait to finish it).
Also:Pictured are only the products I use daily (no spot treatments, masks etc).

Steps

Cleansing

I use La Roche Posay's micellar water to remove my makeup and it's honestly the last one I buy. I've tried quite a lot brands and I just don't get the hype for them; micellar waters are probably the worst makeup removers I've ever tried. I do plan on getting an oil cleanser later and also a cleansing balm.

As for the "regular" cleanser, I was using until not long ago Avène Cleanance Gel. I like it, and I've been using it now for several months and noticed a big difference in my skin, but sometimes it does feel a little harsh on the skin. When temperatures started to drop and wind made its appearance to stay, I started getting dry patches in the chin area, so I changed the cleanser the moment I could.
The one I use now is the Holika Holika Soda Pore Cleansing Foam, and I love it. Days after started using it, and without altering anything more in my routine, I noticed a big difference. And the smell!<3 I already did a full review about it here.

Toner

I currently use  Mizon Witch Hazel 90% Toner. It smells amazing (I suppose it smells like witch hazel but I haven't smell one in my life), although I'm not very happy about it being astringent. I use it with my fingers, and I've noticed that since I started using it serums and ampoules "sink" better onto the skin.


Essence/serums

After being so many years in denial thinking these kind of products are only for mature skin, pardon me but I have to start slowly with them. At the moment I'm using only hydrating essences, Pictured Holika Holika Aqua Fantasy Essence, which I use in the morning; and the Nature Republic Original Power Hydro ampoule, which I use at night for being a higher concentrated product. Specially the Nature Republic one, smells expensive, you know, like the smell of really high end creams. I love it.

Eye cream

I'm using this gel cream I bought in Sephora. It does the job and I like the roll-on since it gives a cold feeling, always very welcomed in the under-eye area. You can also fully control de amount of product to use squeezing the bottle.
I'm dying to finish it, tho, since I already bought Shisheido's Ibuki eye correcting cream.

Emulsion

I already wrote an entry here about this very important step. Also, since I started with this skincare routine, I've noticed that I need less amount of product to fully hydrate the skin. For example, I used to need two pumps of the Shiseido emulsion, and now one pump is mor ethan enough.

Spot treatment, exfoliators, masks... not pictured

Did you think I was done? Ha. I don't use them all at once, but depending which day of the week are we in (on Mondays I use one, on Wednesdays another one etc). I'm planning on doing a full review of these spot treatment products but I'm a little bit hesitant since all of them are "drugstore produtcs" recommended to me by my dermatologist.
Also, for masks I used to like the creams ones, but ever since I tried a (korean) paper one I don't wanna use any other.

Nope, I don't use night creams or sleeping packs, and I don't plan on doing it anytime soon. I've tried sleeping packs that were given to me as samples but I'm not buying a full size anytime soon.
So tell me! Which are the ones you recommend?


You Might Also Like

0 comentarios

Disclaimer

Every photo here is mine unless stated so.

Every content here is original, not to be reproduced.

For more detailed information, please visit the Disclosure section.