Spot treatment for oily skin || Tratamiento especializado para pieles grasas

8:27:00

Treatment for oily skin



If you've read any other of my skincare posts, you already know my skin is oily, sensitive and acne-prone. I've been going to a dermatologist since I was 17-18 years old (I'm 22 now, so that makes it 3-4 years). I did the Roaccutane (or Accutane) treatment my first year of University (ages 17-18) and ever since then I've been going to the dermatologist for follow-ups. In these visits, my dermatologist has recommended to me several creams or lotions for different problems/concerns.

The reason I didn't want to include these in the others entries is because I wanted to explain clearly what concerns are they for and what are made of.
I'm not going to say why I continue using them since I'm explaining what they are supposed to do, and that's exactly what I've noticed.
Also, Im sorry but I think all these creams/gels are from Spain.. although I would leave the composition and concentration (if I know it) so you can have an idea.


En otras entradas ya he comentado que mi piel es sensible, grasa y con tendencia acnéica, lo tengo todo vamos. Hice el tratamiento de Rouccutane en mi primer año de Universidad (de los 17 a los 18 años más o menos) y llevo yendo desde entonces a dermatología. Para seguimiento voy unas dos o tres veces al año, que es cuando mi dermatóloga me ha recomendado diferentes cremas para diferentes problemas que me iban surgiendo.

No quería incluir esto en otras entradas porque quería explicar las cremas y para qué son. Obviamente las uso porque me funcionan, así que creo que no es necesario decir que "Las uso por tal y cual" cuando ya he explicado qué hacen, porque eso es exactamente lo que hacen.
Por cierto, creo que todas estas cremas son de España (salvo la de La Roche Posay), aunque dejaré composiciones de cremas para que os hagáis una idea.


NeoStrata Gel Plus Salicylic 15 AHA


This one has both Salicylic Acid and Glycolic Acid (family of AHAs). It wasn't the first I was recommended since it's too strong, and the skin has to become slowly used t it. The first one I used was the Neostrata Gel 8 AHA (which I think it only has glycolic acid). After using that bottle (of 100ml) I had to buy the 10%, and then finally this one (of 100ml also, and it's my second one I think). I have to be very careful with it, depending on days, my skin still feels itchy if I use it, so I only use it 2-3 times a week. My goal is to use it 4 times a week- but I leave it for next year. It contains 15% of Glycolic Acid and 2% of Salicylic Acid.
The only downside? The smell. It has a very strong alcohol smell (it does contain alcohol).
You may be thinking I'm underusing it, but it really affects sensitive skins because of the two acids. And maybe you don't know why those acids are or what they do... well:

Este gel contiene Ácido Salicílico y Ácido Glicólico (de la familia de los AHA). No es el primero que utilicé porque es fortísimo y la piel tiene que ir acostumbrándose a él. El primer gel NeoStrata que utilicé fue el Gel 8 AHA (que creo que sólo tiene ácido glicólico). Cuando terminé el bote de 100ml me mandaron comprar el de 10% y finalmente éste (que creo que es mi segundo bote). Hay que ser muy cuidadoso con este producto, y dependiendo el día que tenga mi piel todavía noto que me irrita. Por eso sólo lo utilizo dos o tres veces por semana. Quiero utilizarlo 4 veces a la semana, pero eso ya para el año que viene (espero). Continee 15% de Ácido Glicólico y 2% de Ácido Salicílico.
¿Lo único malo? El olor. Contiene alcohol, no sé en qué proporción, pero huele a ello muchísimo.

Podríais pensar que estoy utilizándolo muy poco pero es que afecta mucho a las pieles sensibles. Además que no hay que olvidarse de las propiedades de los dos ácidos y cómo trabajan en la piel:

Salicylic Acid | Ácido Salicílico

It is used to treat acne, because it gently exfoliates the skin's dead cells (although it's strong enough to get into the pores) and therefore regulates de sebum production. It's very irritating.

Se usa para tratar el acné porque exfolia suavemente la piel, aunque es lo suficientemente fuerte como para "entrar" en los poros. De ésta manera regula la producción de sebo. Irrita (mucho).

Glycolic Acid | Ácido Glicólico

Also used to treat acne because of the micro-peeling it does (less agressive than the previous one), it also hydrates the skins, giving it a more smooth appearance. It also helps with scarring (I had minimal acne scars and they are already all gone).

También se usa para tratar acné (en este caso realiza un micro-peeling que no es tan abrasivo como el otro), e hidrata la piel dándole un aspecto más suave digamos. Ayuda también a eliminar cicatrices (tuve suerte y apenas me quedaron marcas de acné, pero las mínimas que tenía hace años que desaparecieron).

When/how

First of all: the glycolic acid is fotosensible meaning sun exposure after using it is FORBIDEN. If used during the day, a sunblock is a must (unless you want to burn your face and have permanent damage...). That's why I only use this Neostrata Gel at nights. Also, given the exfoliation of the salicylic acid I never use it the nights where I exfoliate the skin, since it would be too irritating.
If you're thinking of trying this, please, PLEASE, start with the 8% AHA. I don't wanna be you or your skin if you start with this high-concentration.

El ácido glicólico es fotosensible por lo que NO se puede utilizar durante el día sin protección solar fuerte, a no ser que queráis que la piel se queme permanentemente. Por eso sólo utilizo éste gel por las noches. Además, por las propiedades exfoliantes tampoco lo utilizo las noches en las que utilizo el exfoliante (Ionax scrub, más abajo).
Si estáis pensando en utilizarlo empezar por el de 8%, porque no quisiera ser vosotras o vuestra piel si empezáis por este.

Differine 0,1% gel

This one is Adapalene. I was recommended this when I started noticing "weird pimples": they weren't your regular pimples, they were super small and white. Then, when my youngest cousin was months old, I could see he had the same pimples as me (I noticed it when I already didn't have as many).  I learned with my dermatologist that those were milia pimples. They sometimes appear at the edges of the chin and in te forehead, but a lot less since using this cream about 3-4 times a week.

Adapaleno. Me recomendó este cuando empecé a notar que por la frente y la barbilla me salían granitos, pero que en realidad nunca terminaban de salir. Cuando mi primo pequeño nació, me di cuenta que él tenía los mismos por la cara, sabiendo ya que era acné miliar. 
A veces me vuelven a salir por la frente a los lados de la barbillas, pero mucho menos que antes desde que utilizo esta crema 3 ó 4 veces a la semana.

Epiduo 1mg/g+ 25mg/g gel

This one contains Adapalene and Benzoyl peroxide. I was recommended this one when I had a serious breakout, and more redness appeared in my cheeks. I use it 3-4 times a week, always at nights and I apply it like an hour or 30 mins before going to bed because it discolours everything it touches. Once I was applying it sitting in bed and a little of it went to the sheet- the sheet has a mark with faded color. Also, when I started using it, I didn't really buy the discoloration thing, so I would go to bed very son after applying it and I ruined one pillow-sheet (is that how they are called in English? haha).

I think it was maybe with this one that I noticed a change faster- I almost have no redness in my cheeks and whenever I have a pimple in my chin it doesn't stay as long or the "arounds" become as red as before.

Éste está compuesto por Adapaleno y Peróxido de Benzolio. Me lo recomendó la dermatóloga cuando tuve una temporada que me salieron "cositas" que no deberían, además de que se me pusieron las marquitas de los papos más rojas que de costumbre. Lo uso 3 ó 4 veces por semana, siempre a las noches, y me lo tengo que dar mínimo 30 minutos antes de meterme a la cama como decolora todo lo que toca. Al principio no me lo creía, y me acuerdo que una vez me la di sentada en la cama y se me cayó un poco a la colcha- pues la colcha tiene ya para siempre una marca. Me solía ir también a la cama al poco de aplicármela y tengo fundas de almohada con marcas por todas partes.

Creo que con ésta crema fue con la que noté mejoría más rápido- casi no tengo rojeces en las mejillas y cada vez que me sale algún granito ni "está" tanto tiempo en la cara ni se me ponen los alrededores tan rojos como antes.

Ionax scrub

This is scrub is a very strong one. I use a body scrub and it's like twice as hard as that. When I started using it it irritated my skin like crazy, until I learned that the BIG scrubbing particles have to dissolve, like it happens with body scrubs actually.
So I just take a little amount of it and really work it in my skin until I feel most of the particles are not there anymore (he). I only use it one night a week.

Este exfoliante es muy abrasivo. Cuando me lo empecé a dar hace años no tenía ni idea de cómo hacer para que me "funcionara" bien, hasta que me di cuenta que es lo mismo que un exfoliante de cuerpo, que hay que echarse poca cantidad para que las partículas exfoliantes puedan disolverse.
Así que cojo un poco de producto y lo masajeo en la cara (obviamente mojada con agua templada) hasta que nota que la mayoría de las partículas están disueltas. Sólo lo utilizo una vez a la semana, y por la noche.

Cicaplast

This one is the only one in all the entry that wasn't recommend by my dermatologist. I've been following for a long time a very good Spanish make up artist ( www.makeupzone.net ) and reading her skincare-posts I realized that we have similar skin problems.
I live in a very cold city and I need extra moisture in my skin during winter. Somehow last year I couldn't get it, having patches of dry skin around my nose, my chin and sometimes my cheek. I didn't know what to do (because applying more moisturizer in the areas wasn't doing anything) so when I read that she was using it for those purposes, I bought it without doubt. I use it also after my morning and night skincare routine to hydrate lips (only during winter).

Éste es el único que me he comprado que no me recomendó la dermatóloga. Sigo desde hace mucho a María, una maquilladora profesional de aquí (España) genial, y que leyendo sus entradas sobre la piel me di cuenta que tenemos problemas similares con ella.
Vivo en una ciudad muy fría en la que en invierno necesito mucha hidratación en la piel. El año pasado noté que no lograba tener bien la piel, se me escamaba muchísimo al rededor de la barbilla, la nariz y de vez en cuando incluso en las mejillas. No sabía qué hacer (porque probé a echarme más hidratante y no notaba ninguna mejoría), hasta que en una entrada María habló de éste producto, y sin dudarlo me lo compré.
Aparte de para hidratar ésas zonas los días que noto que lo empieza a necesitar, también lo utilizo en la rutina de la mañana y de la noche para hidratar los labios (sólo en invierno).

You Might Also Like

0 comentarios

Disclaimer

Every photo here is mine unless stated so.

Every content here is original, not to be reproduced.

For more detailed information, please visit the Disclosure section.