Melt Cosmetics Mary Jane swatches and review

11:25:00

Melt Cosmetics Mary Jane swatches and review
Melt Cosmetics Mary Jane swatches and review


Melt Cosmetics Mary Jane swatches and review
Melt Cosmetics Mary Jane swatches and review
How many brands have you discovered through social media, instagram specifically? I've lost count, and I'm not mad about it at all. One of the most recent brands I discovered was Melt Cosmetics, and after going through all their website back and forth, for days, I can say I'm obsessed with their products, their aesthetics, their colors.

I couldn't justify even to myself buying another eyeshadow palette (although their palettes are great and have a very original design- they are stored in racks), so I decided to settle for one of their lipsticks, although you never settle for a lipstick, but you know.


¿Cuántas marcas has conocido por las redes sociales, específicamente en instagram? Personalmente he perdido la cuenta, y no me molesta en absoluto. Una de las marcas que más recientemente he descubierto ha sido Melt Cosmetics, y después de recorrerme la página durante días, puede decir que estoy obsesionada con sus productos, la estética y sus colores.

No podía ni justificarme a mí misma el comprar otra paleta de sombras de ojos (aunque sus paletas son súper originales, están organizadas "en montañita"), así que decidí conformarme con uno de los labiales, aunque todos sabemos que una nunca se conforma con uno sólo pero bueno.

Melt Cosmetics Mary Jane packaging
Melt Cosmetics Mary Jane packaging
The first thing I noticed that I liked from the Melt Cosmetics Mary Jane was the packaging. The lipstick case is black matte with a frost feeling, and it comes in a black cupboard box. My favorite lipsticks packaging is black, but being matte and frost? A winner.


Lo primero de lo que me di cuenta del Mary Jane de Melt Cosmetics fue el packaging. EL "tubo" del labial es negro mate, con un acabado "escarchado", y viene en una caja de cartón negra. Mi packaging favorito de labiales es negro pero ¿mate y escarchado? Tenemos un ganador.
Melt Cosmetics Mary Jane packaging
Melt Cosmetics Mary Jane packaging
The Melt Cosmetics Mary Jane Iridescent lipstick is part of The Hot Box collection the brand launched in summer 2017. And I totally had to search what that was after seeing so many marihuana leaves inside the packaging and noticing the one outside, because if you don't know it by know, I'm not American so I'm not fluent in the slang over there (specially drug-related slang, although I must say urbandictionary has always have my back).

El Mary Jane de Melt Cosmetics es un labial iridiscente parte de la colección The Hot Box lanzada por la marca en verano de 2017. Y tuve que buscar qué significaba Hot Box (literalmente caja caliente) después de ver tantas hojas de marihuana dentro de la caja y ver la de fuera, porque por si no lo sabéis voy poco a poco con el slang americano (especialmente slang relacionado con las drogas, aunque debo decir que urbandictionary siempre me ha salvado).
Melt Cosmetics Mary Jane lipstick
Melt Cosmetics Mary Jane lipstick
The Melt Cosmetics Mary Jane lipstick is not an inexpensive one to be honest. It has 4.05g of product for 19$ plus shipping, if you don't reach the 100$ order to be able to use free shipping. So in total this cost me 26$.

EL Mary Jane de Melt Cosmetics no es un labial barato la verdad. Tiene una cantidad de producto de 4,05g por un precio de 19$ más gastos de envío, a no ser que llegues a los 100$ de pedido para poder tener el envío gratis. Así que en total esto me costó 26$. 
Melt Cosmetics Mary Jane lipstick
Melt Cosmetics Mary Jane lipstick
The Melt Cosmetics Mary Jane lipstick is an iridescent lipstick that maybe you could describe seeing the web swatch as metallic, but it's not, it's called iridescent it's for a reason. The lipstick is a gorgeous deep burgundy but not so deep it starts leaning to black or purple. The iridescent particles it has are very homogenous and not glittery at all, and are the same color as the cream lets say. These particles are totally melted onto the lipstick.

 El Mary Jane de Melt Cosmetics es un labial iridiscente que viéndolo en internet se podría describir como metálico, pero no lo es, se llama iridiscente por una razón. El labial es un borgoña oscuro precioso, pero no lo suficiente como para que tire a negro o morado. Las partículas iridiscentes son muy homogéneas y para nada tipo brillantina, y son del mismo color que el labial en sí. Éstas partículas están totalmente fundidas en el labial.
Melt Cosmetics Mary Jane swatch
Melt Cosmetics Mary Jane swatch
Let's get the bad out here quickly: the Melt Cosmetics Mary Jane lipstick is, without doubts, the driest lipstick I've ever tried. It takes forever to do an homogenous application of it because the lipstick itself, the tube, is very very dry.
But the same way I'm willing to compromise the well-being of my lips wearing liquid-to-matte lipsticks, I'm willing to wear this Melt Cosmetics Mary Jane lipstick over and over again, because I seriously think it's one of the most stunning lipsticks I own.

Vamos a quitarnos lo malo de encima rápido: el labial Mary Jane de Melt Cosmetics es, sin duda, el labial más seco que he probado nunca. Me lleva mucho rato dar un color homogéneo por eso mismo, porque la barra de labial es sequísima.
Pero de la misma manera que estoy dispuesta a sentir cemento en mis labios cuando llevo labiales líquidos que se secan mates, así que también lo estoy para pelearme con la aplicación del Mary Jane de Melt Cosmetics porque de verdad creo que es uno de los más bonitos que tengo.
Melt Cosmetics Mary Jane swatches
Melt Cosmetics Mary Jane swatches
I really really like the Melt Cosmetics Mary Jane lipstick, even if it's by far the worst to apply from all the lipsticks I own. The color can look patchy and I have to go over it to get, as I've said, a more homogenous finish, which can take a while, but I honestly love it. And what I find very weird is that for how dry it is to apply, I don't feel it at all on the lips.
While not the most original color, the iridescent particles add it a twist that makes it looks amazing under sunlight or lights. Even my mom likes the Melt Cosmetics Mary Jane lipstick, and she usually hates my very dark lipsticks.

Me gusta mucho mucho el Mary Jane de Melt Cosmetics, aunque sea el labial con peor aplicación que tengo. El color puede quedar parcheado y tengo que dedicarle mucho tiempo para que quede bien, que puede llevar tiempo, pero de verdad que me encanta. Y es muy raro, pero una vez en los labios no lo siento para nada.
Puede que no sea el color más original del mundo, pero las partículas iridiscentes le dan un toque diferente que queda genial con la luz del sol o con luces. Incluso a mi madre le gusta el Mary Jane de Melt Cosmetics, y normalmente odia mis labiales muy oscuros.
Melt Cosmetics Mary Jane swatches and review
Melt Cosmetics Mary Jane swatches and review
Melt Cosmetics does ship internationally, but living in Spain I can't risk it, so read here (entry coming) how I buy products from online stores in the USA. Shipping might seem a little bit expensive at $7, but it arrived the next day it was shipped, which was only two days later after I placed my order (and I placed it on a Sunday). So since my order was processed (on Monday because they obviously don't work on Sundays) until the lipstick got to the destination, it was just a 3 day wait. You can buy the Melt Cosmetics Mary Jane lipstick here in their official website.

Mel Cosmetics hace envíos internacionales, pero viviendo en España no me puedo arriesgar, así que puedes leer aquí cómo compro a webs de EEUU (entrada por publicar). Los gastos de envío pueden parecer un poco caros siendo 7$, pero llegó a destino al día siguiente de haber salido del almacén, lo que fue sólo dos días después de haber realizado el pedido (y lo hice un domingo). Así que desde que mi pedido fue procesado (un lunes porque por supuesto los domingos no trabajan) hasta que llegó a destino fueron sólo 3 días de espera. Puedes comprar el labial Mary Jane de Melt Cosmetics aquí en su tienda oficial.

You Might Also Like

0 comentarios

Disclaimer

Every photo here is mine unless stated so.

Every content here is original, not to be reproduced.

For more detailed information, please visit the Disclosure section.